Seriously No Politics ×

Working The Night Shift.

No sleep for me tonight. If someone wants to talk ...

Ellen

Ellen, you need to stop using the board for chatting about yourself.  Post topics that have general interest instead of what you are feeling at any given moment.   You will be put on Limited if this continues.

Hi, Ellen.  Curious where you work.  (If you don't want to share it with The Peanut Gallery , you can PM me if you like.)

Hi, Ellen.  Curious where you work.  (If you don't want to share it with The Peanut Gallery , you can PM me if you like.)

I was being facetious,  I'm now retired. Once in a while, usually when writing a story, I just get in this "Mood" where sleep is impossible.  Not bipolar or anything. I did go to bed about 4:00 AM

Ellen, there is the board chat function that you might use when just wanting to talk....see at the top in the dark blue border.

I missed that. Thanks. Who ever put the red print at the top is making it pretty clear, he doesn't want me here. I'm gone.

No sleep for me tonight. If someone wants to talk ...

Ellen

Ellen, you need to stop using the board for chatting about yourself.  Post topics that have general interest instead of what you are feeling at any given moment.   You will be put on Limited if this continues.

Who ever you are laying down the red print, what a blunt and discourteous way to speak to someone. I will voluntarily leave, and your rude statement will remind me once again to never, ever speak to anyone in such a manner.

I missed that. Thanks. Who ever put the red print at the top is making it pretty clear, he doesn't want me here. I'm gone.

There you go again, Ellen, being too sensitive... The person who put the red writing at the top is one of the Moderators, and they do a good job of keeping the board following the rules so everyone can enjoy and participate... one of the rules is to keep our threads on a more "general interest" vs "personal."  Particularly in the Social...  There's bound to be a small amount of personal that enters into the threads as we express opinions and share experiences in discussions... but for personal threads, as Calmoriah suggested there is the "Chat" function at the top...

The Moderator in no way doesn't want you here...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

There you go again, Ellen, being too sensitive... The person who put the red writing at the top is one of the Moderators, and they do a good job of keeping the board following the rules so everyone can enjoy and participate... one of the rules is to keep our threads on a more "general interest" vs "personal."  Particularly in the Social...  There's bound to be a small amount of personal that enters into the threads as we express opinions and share experiences in discussions... but for personal threads, as Calmoriah suggested there is the "Chat" function at the top...

The Moderator in no way doesn't want you here...

GG

I need a safe place to talk about our beliefs as my cognitive abilities decline even more rapidly than they said. This place is not safe for me.

I need a safe place to talk about our beliefs as my cognitive abilities decline even more rapidly than they said. This place is not safe for me.

I'm really sorry you feel that way... I can't think of a safer place to be online because of the moderators.  Other boards can get really contentious, with bad language thrown in, etc.  Here you're with your LDS brothers and sisters, subject to guidelines that are moderated... even our critics and others that come here see the difference... this is not to say that we don't have some lively discussions, but they are kept within certain boundaries.  And we aren't allowed to personally attack a poster, etc.

GG

I'm really sorry you feel that way... I can't think of a safer place to be online because of the moderators.  Other boards can get really contentious, with bad language thrown in, etc.  Here you're with your LDS brothers and sisters, subject to guidelines that are moderated... even our critics and others that come here see the difference... this is not to say that we don't have some lively discussions, but they are kept within certain boundaries.  And we aren't allowed to personally attack a poster, etc.

GG

It may be the meds that are causing Ellen these feelings.  If not I wish Ellen would point out the harm being done or the environment that is scaring her.  Hopefully she knows I don't wish any ill for her.  I just want truth, still trying to figure out if the church has the truth that matters to God.  I know it has truth in areas, but is it enough to please God?