Mission Call

TAO

Well, I have received his Mission Call.  I will be going to the Ventura County Mission, and possibly be transferred elsewhere after ten weeks.  Just wanted to let you guys know.

If you want to email me, send me a PM and I'll get you the address.  But if possible, try to keep apologetics/politics/etc out of it.  I want to feel the spirit, and I can't do it if I'm worried about everything else ;-).  Thanks a ton.  I've loved being on this board =D.

I also served in S. California and LOVED it!!! hope all goes well!

Well, I have received his Mission Call.  I will be going to the Ventura County Mission, and possibly be transferred elsewhere after ten weeks.  Just wanted to let you guys know.

If you want to email me, send me a PM and I'll get you the address.  But if possible, try to keep apologetics/politics/etc out of it.  I want to feel the spirit, and I can't do it if I'm worried about everything else ;-).  Thanks a ton.  I've loved being on this board =D.

Wonderful!!! Take care and God bless.

From one cat to another, congrats!!! But shocked that you are so young, you came across to me as being much more mature. I think you'll be a fantastic missionary because you know so much about the church that you won't be narrow minded but be open to discussion about it's warts. The church is lucky to have you to represent it. I hope the people you teach are fully aware of what the church has in it's history and will join under no false premise. I think the church is already coming forth more open now, such a good move on their part. New converts are probably just aware of the anti stance and now can see it differently.

Like I told my son who served in the Northern California mission, read your bible on top of the BoM!!! Know it well, then when you come across a non LDS Christian, they'll maybe be open to listening.

Take care!!!! We'll miss your participation on the board.

word of advice. You'll no doubt see people selling this strange concoction called shaved ice, it looks tempting especially on the brutally hot days-don't buy.it. I did and that's how come I got glasses

Well, I have received his Mission Call.

Who is this "his" that you are talking about?

Congrats... I too am surprised that you aren't older... The Lord bless and keep you...

GG (=^..^= lover)

Ventura is a nice place.  Great weather.

Ventura is a nice place.  Great weather.

My mother was born in Ventura.  I'm sure it's a nice place, though I've only driven through it once.  At night.

• 1 month later...

I grew up within the Ventura mission boundaries, and my parents still live there. Congrats!