Seriously No Politics ×

I'm A Baron!

Ron Beron

I have once again started working on my genealogy and came across a problem and and the answer.  For years I couldn't trace my family line on grandfather's side for years because the name Beron is found primarily in Spanish texts, but not in French which I knew my grandfather was.  I recently found a marriage record between my grandparents showing the names of his parents.  One was Clester Beron and his wife was Matilda Decelles.  I then traced their record and found her in a small Mass. town married not to a Clester Beron, but to a Celestin Biron.  Not unusual considering the limited language abilities of Americans at the time.  So, what I had was same town, same woman, right years and a similar, but not perfect males name.  I started tracing the name Biron back and got back to the 9th c. and found out the family Biron were actually barons in France, Baron de Biron!  I can now truly be called the Red Baron or Biron....or whatever.  We even had a castle....I wonder if I could stay a few weeks with the in-laws??

chateaux-biron.jpg

Now, I have to work on my mother's line.  No nobility, but plenty of troublemakers.

Has anyone else had anything of interest to note with their relatives?

Edited by Ron Beron

Well, according to family tradition, my great great grandfather Alfred Burr Clark was a cousin by marriage to President William Howard Taft.  He didn't claim it himself, because he died 3 years before Taft was elected President (and how would he know to claim a relationship),  I suspect his son my great grandfather made the claim.  What an odd thing to claim, anyway, so did he just make it up?  However, a little research shows that an aunt of Taft was married to a man of the same surname as us!  Since I haven't been able to get that line far enough back, I can't confirm any of this.

However, on another line, I am the 9th GGSon of Louis Pinard de la Rochelle (born 1570 in Cogna, France), who, by the form of name at least, was a minor noble.  Louis has tens of thousands of descendents, however, so I don't think I can claim anything, especially since my descent is through a female (French peerage descends strictly by male primogeniture) and  don't even know if I am a decendent of the eldest son. 

Edited by Stargazer

Well, according to family tradition, my great great grandfather Alfred Burr Clark was a cousin by marriage to President William Howard Taft.  He didn't claim it himself, because he died 3 years before Taft was elected President (and how would he know to claim a relationship),  I suspect his son my great grandfather made the claim.  What an odd thing to claim, anyway, so did he just make it up?  However, a little research shows that an aunt of Taft was married to a man of the same surname as us!  Since I haven't been able to get that line far enough back, I can't confirm any of this.

However, on another line, I am the 9th GGSon of Louis Pinard de la Rochelle (born 1570 in Cogna, France), who, by the form of name at least, was a minor noble.  Louis has tens of thousands of descendents, however, so I don't think I can claim anything, especially since my descent is through a female (French peerage descends strictly by male primogeniture) and  don't even know if I am a decendent of the eldest son. 

Yeah, I go back to someone who came over with William the Conqueror, someone royal but like since there are probably more people in England related to him than not by now, it is hardly something of note except in conversations like this....besides being nice because the genealogy is usually done pretty well for that line, lol.

My direct linage is the the Plantagenet line of British Royalty and thus into French and Spanish royalty and thus directly to William the Conqueror.   I have found that that and a buck Gets me a drink at McDonald's.  I don't think the present Stuart line of usurpers would welcome me though.  Besides I am too old for royal intrigue. .

I'm a descendant of King John (the one in the Robin Hood story and the one that signed the Magna Carta).  That doesn't mean I can be king since I'm not related to Sophia of Hanover.  But they have a pedigree chart all the way back to Adam.  It is kind of fun to read.

I recently discovered that the third wife of my great-great-great grandfather is a great-granddaughter of President John Adams.

Aside from the nobility my mother's side has a more dubious nature.  My great grandmother was a real rip roarer of a woman.  She was married to a full-blooded Cherokee in what was the Oklahoma Territory and was friends with the infamous soiled dove, Belle Starr.  My mother said she was probably the meanest woman she has ever met.  She told me that she was responsible for the death and/or maiming of several people including an Indian girl who washed her whites with colored long-johns, a man scolded for crawling under the house, and another man who had his leg cut off when he climbed into my ggrandmother's cabin.  Now, that's real history.

My direct linage is the the Plantagenet line of British Royalty and thus into French and Spanish royalty and thus directly to William the Conqueror.   I have found that that and a buck Gets me a drink at McDonald's.  I don't think the present Stuart line of usurpers would welcome me though.  Besides I am too old for royal intrigue. .

What "present Stuart line of usurpers" are you talking about?  The senior Stuart is a pretender and can no be a usurper.  This is Franz, Duke of Bavaria

Perhaps you meant to say the "present Stuart line of pretenders" instead?

My Gospel Doctrine teacher is related to Bonnie Parker of Bonnie & Clyde fame... my my Ron... you do have an interesting genealogy.  Not just the Spanish line that we share, but what you've posted here.  By the way... do you have any info on Jose Dario Arguello's parents?  I stuck at him... I know where and when he was born but never anything about his parents.  Let's PM if you do have info...

GG

My Gospel Doctrine teacher is related to Bonnie Parker of Bonnie & Clyde fame... my my Ron... you do have an interesting genealogy.  Not just the Spanish line that we share, but what you've posted here.  By the way... do you have any info on Jose Dario Arguello's parents?  I stuck at him... I know where and when he was born but never anything about his parents.  Let's PM if you do have info...

GG

You, me and a bunch of others.  I might have his grandparents names.  PM will follow if I can find them.

According to Ancestry.com.....king Robert The Bruce is my 22nd great grandfather!! Through his daughter, Marjorie, who married a Stewart, who was aslo a king, Robert II. The Stewart line runs back into the Kirkpatrick line, which goes into the Carlyle line, which goes into the McClelland line and the McClelland line runs several generations to my great great grandmother, whos madien name, McClellan, ( name change) that I just recently discovered!  The Mclellands I found out were plantation owners in North Carolina, they even had slaves! Here I was thinking oh my gosh, my ancestors were slave owners!! This line is my paternal grandmothers line and she was a Harper. Her maternal grandmother's madien name was Tillman. ( my dad's middle name, but with one 'L') This Tillman line, according to my dad, is somehow related to the Tilghman line, and we are supposedly related to Tench Tilghman, who was George Washington's Aide-De-Camp! He's some kind of war hero, according to his biography.

Also through my Harper line, is a line of Green and Norman. Through those two lines ( as well as the ones mentioned above) go back through England/Scotland/Ireland and there are several lords, ladys, dukes, earls, squires, knights, and yes a baron and a baroness! :) I'm dripping wtth nobility!! LOL I got blue blood running through my veins! LOL  Way cool! :)

I also have a Smith line ( my paternal great grandmother, Mary Virginia Smith) that I have dead ended. I can't even find HER in any recrods!  This Smith line is from Missouri. So , yeah my first thought was.....Smith? In Missouri? NO WAY JOSE!!  LOL. I can't POSSIBLY be related to Joseph!!!  I can't EVEN fathom a connection there!! LOL

Red

Edited by GingerRed

What "present Stuart line of usurpers" are you talking about?  The senior Stuart is a pretender and can no be a usurper.  This is Franz, Duke of Bavaria

Perhaps you meant to say the "present Stuart line of pretenders" instead?

Probably.  As you see it is just as I said I am to old for this royal intrigue.  Too far removed also.

One day I will march on England and reclaim my throne. Either that or I will embrace my viking heritage and just loot and pillage the usurpers.

If I were a bit younger the loot and pillage options holds some fascination for me.

According to Ancestry.com.....king Robert The Bruce is my 22nd great grandfather!! Through his daughter, Marjorie, who married a Stewart, who was aslo a king, Robert II. The Stewart line runs back into the Kirkpatrick line, which goes into the Carlyle line, which goes into the McClelland line and the McClelland line runs several generations to my great great grandmother, whos madien name, McClellan, ( name change) that I just recently discovered!  The Mclellands I found out were plantation owners in North Carolina, they even had slaves! Here I was thinking oh my gosh, my ancestors were slave owners!! This line is my paternal grandmothers line and she was a Harper. Her maternal grandmother's madien name was Tillman. ( my dad's middle name, but with one 'L') This Tillman line, according to my dad, is somehow related to the Tilghman line, and we are supposedly related to Tench Tilghman, who was George Washington's Aide-De-Camp! He's some kind of war hero, according to his biography.

Also through my Harper line, is a line of Green and Norman. Through those two lines ( as well as the ones mentioned above) go back through England/Scotland/Ireland and there are several lords, ladys, dukes, earls, squires, knights, and yes a baron and a baroness! :) I'm dripping wtth nobility!! LOL I got blue blood running through my veins! LOL  Way cool! :)

I also have a Smith line ( my paternal great grandmother, Mary Virginia Smith) that I have dead ended. I can't even find HER in any recrods!  This Smith line is from Missouri. So , yeah my first thought was.....Smith? In Missouri? NO WAY JOSE!!  LOL. I can't POSSIBLY be related to Joseph!!!  I can't EVEN fathom a connection there!! LOL

Red

Some ancestors are best left unknown.  Now that you have gone public you may find your self liable for reparations.  :)

Edited by ERayR

The Dowis family was in Missouri during the time of the Mormon persecution.  Fortunately I am not descended from them -- just cousins, so no obligation to do their family history.  But I did do temple work for one of them in Iowa.  Maybe he helped them during the pioneer trek.

I have once again started working on my genealogy and came across a problem and and the answer.  For years I couldn't trace my family line on grandfather's side for years because the name Beron is found primarily in Spanish texts, but not in French which I knew my grandfather was.  I recently found a marriage record between my grandparents showing the names of his parents.  One was Clester Beron and his wife was Matilda Decelles.  I then traced their record and found her in a small Mass. town married not to a Clester Beron, but to a Celestin Biron.  Not unusual considering the limited language abilities of Americans at the time.  So, what I had was same town, same woman, right years and a similar, but not perfect males name.  I started tracing the name Biron back and got back to the 9th c. and found out the family Biron were actually barons in France, Baron de Biron!  I can now truly be called the Red Baron or Biron....or whatever.  We even had a castle....I wonder if I could stay a few weeks with the in-laws??

chateaux-biron.jpg

Now, I have to work on my mother's line.  No nobility, but plenty of troublemakers.

Has anyone else had anything of interest to note with their relatives?

Hi Ron, congratulations, I too have been doing family  research. I have found, drunks, wife beaters, a murderer, a fair amount of babies born out of wedlock, but to redress the balance a bit, a nun. My family name was Donovan, we too had a castle in Cork. My mum's family the McDonoughs were also Irish nobility once as were the O'Connors (another branch). I have also found hard working decent people, one of whom rose to be mayor of our town. I have loved every minute of meeting my family, still do, and will continue till I have to give in. Incidentally I have found lots of distant relatives which has been great too.

Hi Ron, congratulations, I too have been doing family  research. I have found, drunks, wife beaters, a murderer, a fair amount of babies born out of wedlock, but to redress the balance a bit, a nun. My family name was Donovan, we too had a castle in Cork. My mum's family the McDonoughs were also Irish nobility once as were the O'Connors (another branch). I have also found hard working decent people, one of whom rose to be mayor of our town. I have loved every minute of meeting my family, still do, and will continue till I have to give in. Incidentally I have found lots of distant relatives which has been great too.

We used to joke in our family that unless you already had a baby you needn't get married.  Fortunately, I was an exception.

I found out a few years back we are distantly related to, get this, States People... they live in Virginia. How do you like that for surprises? And in other news I am related to Sir Frederick G. Banting, the main discoverer with his asst. Dr. Charles Best, of Insulin for Diabetics

What has surprised me is the emotional link I feel with people I have never met.

Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD. He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse.

Remember back when you guys called yourselves the Normans to sneak through customs and invaded England? Good times........

Well, we asked first, but no one was home.  Harold was fighting your relatives.

Edited by Ron Beron

I found out a few years back we are distantly related to, get this, States People... they live in Virginia. How do you like that for surprises? And in other news I am related to Sir Frederick G. Banting, the main discoverer with his asst. Dr. Charles Best, of Insulin for Diabetics

Thank you.  I use it everyday.