Does The Maxwell Institute Misquote "The Gospel Of Truth"?

Is anyone familiar with "The Gospel of Truth"?

I'd like to verify this quote from the Maxwell Institute if I can.

The early Christian Gospel of Truth says Israel turns to error when they look for that which is beyond the mark.102

http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=74&chapid=914

The footnote reads

102. Gospel of Truth 42:33—43:6.

But I can't find anything like that in the only "Gospel of Truth" I can find online (which seems to be only one page, and doesn't have 42 or 43 plus chapters.)

Can anyone help?

Is anyone familiar with "The Gospel of Truth"?

http://maxwellinstit...d=74&chapid=914

The early Christian Gospel of Truth says Israel turns to error when they look for that which is beyond the mark.102

The footnote reads

102. Gospel of Truth 42:33—43:6.

But I can't find anything like that in the only "Gospel of Truth" I can find online (which seems to be only one page, and doesn't have 42 or 43 plus chapters.)

Can anyone help?

Nibley is there providing an interpretation of what the Coptic text means when it says "it is not fitting for me, having come to be in the resting-place, to speak of anything else."

You can find a modern translation by Attridge & MacRae in James Robinson, ed., The Nag Hammadi Library, 2nd ed. (1988/1990), 51.

"Does The Maxwell Institute Misquote "The Gospel Of Truth"?

Seems to me that the negative rhetorical question assumes what the preliminary evidence did not show.

1. The citation is from Hugh Nibley's Since Cumorah, written decades before the Maxwell Institute was even formed in 2006. The only thing MI did was to put it on their website.

2.. Quotation marks were not used by Nibley because he was applying a principle actually found in the Gospel of Truth.

3. Asking for someone to lend a hand in finding something is O.K., but accusing someone of misquoting before one even sees the source is a strong indicator of bias and prejudice.