Seriously No Politics ×

Great News!

Good on you, Mate! :D (Sorry for using an expression from a former British penal colony, but, well, you know ... ;):D)

Hey had some great news at church today. I had a chat with my Bishop regarding my member status and getting my temple recommend back, and he has said that as my last Bishop (from the time I stopped going) didn't start any formal disciplinary proceedings with me and with the chats he's had with me (informal end of class, in the corridor type), and from what he's seen of me around church he's happy that my return is sincere and that as soon as I can sit down for a worthiness interview and pass it he's happy for me to have a temple recommend!! I'm so happy & excited!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Excellent. Proceed to Phase 2 of LDS Infiltration Plan Parasite B. The Condor is in the nest. Repeat, Condor is in the Nest and Leech 3 is in position. Report on a bimonthly basis.

Honest answers to the questions should show that a lapse in attendance is only that, not a lapse of personal ethics. Any Mormon can live a worthy life without attending church. Once you are "back" at that regularly, there should never be a problem with resuming where you left off as a "member in good standing"....

Honest answers to the questions should show that a lapse in attendance is only that, not a lapse of personal ethics. Any Mormon can live a worthy life without attending church. Once you are "back" at that regularly, there should never be a problem with resuming where you left off as a "member in good standing"....

That was the thing I didn't leave as a member in 'good standing' with the church, and had no idea how my new Bishop would feel about that. I think I've been very lucky that my Bishop seems to be a Christ-like man who's more concerned with my returning than why I left in the first place. He did make it clear that had my previous Bishop started official proceedings he would've had no choice but continue with them, but also made it clear that it would've been because that's what he had to do rather than what he would've wanted. As my previous Bishop had only kept our meetings as informal discussions, he is able to take the path that he is.

Edited by LordUther