Seriously No Politics ×

Good Talks Vs. Bad Talks

Duncan

Seems like you had the perfect bishop for you, urroner.

The bishop was awesome. He did a temporary move here for three months and we were going to be needing a new bishop soon. He was here without his family and he had an awesome beard and he loved to play D&D. From the very first week he was here, we decided he was going to be the new bishop. He kept reminding us that he was only here for a very short time, was away from his family, had a beard he wasn't going to shave off, and, worst of all, he played dark, vile games schemed from the blackest and deepest abysses from Hell. We told him the Lord would take care of the first three and the fourth, well, he was just a much better man because of it, especially since he had inculcated his sweet innocent children into the ways of paganism, thaumaturgy, and into the esoteric arts of Hack and Slash, the gods of violence.

Just as he was getting ready to move back up to Alabama, NASA decided they needed him down here for a couple of years. He moved back in three weeks. We kept reminding him the first two problems were solved, the Lord had taken care of them and the last two, well, the SP had told him that he could keep the beard if he wanted and he could play all the DND he wanted with his kids, if he could find the time.

The beard just disappeared after a couple of weeks and he played DND with his kids about twice a months. That really upset some people in the ward at the time. For me, he was one of the best bishops ever. Just a fun man to be around and his wife ruled the roost and him and she was even more fun than him.

He was bishop for two years and when somebody moved into the ward who could replace him, he was transferred back up to Huntsville a short time later. I heard he was called as SP up there, so he could only play that wicked and vile game only once a month with his kids, but play he did.

Perfect bishop, yep Cal, he was. When I said several years ago, I meant to say, that was around 1981, I was 28 and still going to college. Still miss him.

Perfect bishop, yep Cal, he was. When I said several years ago, I meant to say, that was around 1981, I was 28 and still going to college. Still miss him.

Then I can see why the DnD caused some raised eyebrows at the time....Sounds like a great guy...