Seriously No Politics ×

What Is It About Chocolate Cake?

When I was much younger, I played with a boy, and once in a while we'd have Choki Cake and Milk. So then I found out he was Mormon. After that, I thought that Chocki Cake was a Mormon thing.

After many years of stirring the pot in the kitchen and stocking up on eye of knute, and fang of snake, I learned to make a really good one ... mostly by ignoring the recipe.

Last week, rather than bake one, I bought one at the local supermarket. The first bite is UM CHOCOLATE ! After that my tummy feels like I ate an IED. I wonder if I am dying. Is this how it goes before we die? Everything we used to love to eat eventually tastes awful, and that's the end?

I think that tomorrow I will test that theory by baking one of mine. What will happen if the IED then explodes?

IEDs are bad cake ingredients unless you are trying to smuggle a bomb via cake.

No, I failed Bomb Making at Madrasa. They wanted them to hurt others. I just wanted a puff of pretty colors hanging there in a cloud. :)

When I was much younger, I played with a boy, and once in a while we'd have Choki Cake and Milk. So then I found out he was Mormon. After that, I thought that Chocki Cake was a Mormon thing.

I only like really, really well done chocolate now...and most cheese makes me ill where I used to love it. Somehow my taste buds have changed and I don't like it.

I only like really, really well done chocolate now...and most cheese makes me ill where I used to love it. Somehow my taste buds have changed and I don't like it.

Shades! Does this mean that I will now have to eat sensibly? :(

BY "encouraged" the Saints to not eat pork. They didn't listen to him on that one any more than they did about Adam-God theory.

I love chocolate cake, moist, heavy, lots of icing, German chocolate preferred. However, I do not eat large servings of it at any time and partake in nibbles. This is known as "moderation in all things". That way, any IEDs get spotted before being ingested....

Edited by Questing Beast

BY "encouraged" the Saints to not eat pork. They didn't listen to him on that one any more than they did about Adam-God theory.

I love chocolate cake, moist, heavy, lots of icing, German chocolate preferred. However, I do not eat large servings of it at any time and partake in nibbles. This is known as "moderation in all things". That way, any IEDs get spotted before being ingested....

It is fun to play with the recipe. My cakes run the gamut from being the consistency of pudding to being like giant cookies, though they rarely burn. I wish to do one that has choki cake on the outside and gelatin inside, chilled of course. :)

My wife does a chocolate cake that is to die for (or from, depending on whether you have more than two slices...) At an EFY fundraising auction (do you have EFY in the states?) one sold for £70 ... ($108) - people had experienced it before, and knew what they were getting!

She will not give out the recipe though ...

Regarding pork, if want to overdose on that, try central Europe (Austria, Hungary, Czech republic, etc.) - pork fat is used as a binding agent in the dumplings, as an oil to cook in (usually pork meat being cooked) as a seasoning ... as something to spread on (heavy black) bread.