Bee Holocaust

3DOP

Sadly someone through fatal negligence poisoned some kind of bush in a suburb of Portland, OR when it was flowering, thus attracting and poisoning many unsuspecting bees, reportedly around 50,000. This "manslaughter" did not go unremembered. A memorial service was held for them in Portland today. I was thinking about having a Mass said for the repose of their souls. But maybe the Catholics among them should be canonized as martyrs though? That is a straight ticket to heaven. Anyway, for those who were unbaptized, I was thinking that if we could get their names, maybe you guys could be baptized for them? Of course we just have to have hope for those who were "once saved always saved".

3DOP

Sadly someone through fatal negligence poisoned some kind of bush in a suburb of Portland, OR when it was flowering, thus attracting and poisoning many unsuspecting bees, reportedly around 50,000. This "manslaughter" did not go unremembered. A memorial service was held for them in Portland today. I was thinking about having a Mass said for the repose of their souls. But maybe the Catholics among them should be canonized as martyrs though? That is a straight ticket to heaven. Anyway, for those who were unbaptized, I was thinking that if we could get their names, maybe you guys could be baptized for them? Of course we just have to have hope for those who were "once saved always saved".

3DOP

The only problem is, we would need to document some sort of familial relationship with the deceased. Doing that in this case would represent an amazingly complicated genealogical undertaking.

• Upvote 1

I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord,

Over mountains or plains or seas,

I'll say what you want me to say dear Lord,

I'll bee who you want me to bee.

• Upvote 3

The only problem is, we would need to document some sort of familial relationship with the deceased. Doing that in this case would represent an amazingly complicated genealogical undertaking.

Given the birds and the bees and their territorial nature, isn't it a given the deceased are all from the same hive and thus from the same mother. Sure the dads may be different, but just find the first drone the mom mated with, seal her to him and you have the family group sheet all set to go. Don't have to worry about any marriage ceremonies for the daughters, spinsters that they are.

Do you have to have first names for proxy baptisms? I am thinking "Miss Bee" might work for all of them.

Edited by calmoriah
  • Upvote 1

Oh, the pleasure of simple humor. Had we only known we could have sprinkled them all at once...more like misting I think.

They might not have been too happy about it though as I can't imagine bees like getting wet all that much...and we don't need more individuals making claims of baptisms without the participants' full awareness, etc. Edited by calmoriah

We recently got some new queen bees. Most likely they are relatives. Perhaps they could perform the ordinances.

eta: a beekeeper's suit minus the hat looks an awful lot like a baptism jumper. Hmm......

Edited by Traela

And the bee is the symbol for Deseret.....hmmmm.....or maybe hummmm is more appropriate...or is that for humming birds, not bees...

Very good all. Taken in the spirit intended! Heh.