Seriously No Politics ×

Police Arrest Man After Fight Over Seat Saving At Lds Church

Well the back row in our ward has a slightly different approach since we still have chairs instead of pews. If people invade our row we just quietly set up a row behind them. No need to get all territorial or something.

Saving a couple of places seems normal. Saving THREE rows is cause for words. Saving threes rows and being belligerent about it is cause for church discipline. Bro. Dodge just pre-empted the court. Tsk tsk.

Well we could probably solve the problem with privatisation by simply selling off box seats instead of all this unseemly rationing.

Well the back row in our ward has a slightly different approach since we still have chairs instead of pews. If people invade our row we just quietly set up a row behind them. No need to get all territorial or something.

We once arrived to Church late one day and out two favorite haunts in the chapel were taken (left side facing forward) so we sat on the other side of the chapel. This was about a week before being called into the Bishopric myself. The Bishop a close friend of mine said...You guys look funny on the other side of the chapel. I told you sound funny from that side. The following Sunday I was seated beside him on the stand...for the next three years. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Saving a couple of places seems normal. Saving THREE rows is cause for words. Saving threes rows and being belligerent about it is cause for church discipline. Bro. Dodge just pre-empted the court. Tsk tsk.

Sounds like we need a Stand Your Pew statute.