Seriously No Politics ×

Professor "Apologizes" To Mormons

Okrahomer

Well, at least he finally gets to the point of whether or not LDS are actually Christian, which is what his LDS readers were apparently complaining about.

I am sorry that Smith’s polytheism is not consistent with John 14:6. I am also sorry that since these are the words of Christ, polytheism cannot be Christian. Moreover, I am sorry, my Mormon friends, but the the words of Christ trump the words of Joseph Smith who will never be God.

I am sorry that Mormonism teaches that Christ was not there in the beginning, that god was just a man who became God by following a moral code he did not create, and that we may all become gods by following the same moral code that predates the existence of Jesus. I am sorry that the theological mess caused by Joseph Smith is irreconcilable with the teachings of the Holy Bible.

And I am sorry his assumptions about our beliefs, his interpretations of what the Bible says about Christians and his assumptions about what are and are not actual Christian beliefs are leading him to the false assumption that we are not Christian.

I can tell by the tone and context of the article that he is insincere with this apology. It's a pity.

He says he read the Book of Mormon. I have no reason to dispute that. It's a shame he didn't learn from his reading that we believe in Jesus Christ.

I have no anymosity towards him. None of us should. We should just speak of the truth boldly with love and kindness toward him. The Spirit of the Lord can do miracles.

Dr. P. I love the article as usual. I've been a fan for years and i hope I will always be able to learn from you.

While I obviously disagree with the point of the "apology", I do give him points for style!

For those who aren't aware, "Townhall" is a collection of blogs targeted towards conservative readers, which I suspect would include many LDS. His "apology" will no doubt be a hit with the evangelical readers, but it will be interesting to see if there are enough indignant Mormon readers to take the matter further.

I move we just stand for truth and the Sermon on the Mount and invite them to join us.

To quote a small child in a Fast and Testimony meeting when a sister started a dull travelogue about her uninteresting week: "BOOOORING!!!!"

Though admittedly probably a better idea in this case. ;)

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

When my face becomes analogous to the Political Right or Evangelicals I will carve off my face. Just cutting off my nose will be insufficient.

Have you seen his nose!?

(I really need to figure out what I want to do today besides this board....)

To quote from Blackadder:

Blackadder: Any distinguishing features?

Baldrick: Well, I've got this big growth in the middle of my face.

Blackadder: That's your nose, Baldrick.

While I obviously disagree with the point of the "apology", I do give him points for style!

For those who aren't aware, "Townhall" is a collection of blogs targeted towards conservative readers, which I suspect would include many LDS. His "apology" will no doubt be a hit with the evangelical readers, but it will be interesting to see if there are enough indignant Mormon readers to take the matter further.

His post is all the more reason to stay away from Townhall, which has taken a decidedly anti-Mormon direction.

DCP is a conservative politically and his religion is being attacked on a conservative political website. Oh the irony.

Harry Reid is a liberal politically and his religion is being attacked by liberal commentators (like MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell.)

Apparently irony is no respecter of political philosophy.

Tying a pretty ribbon around a box of rocks gives it more style. But that's about it.

Archived