Seriously No Politics ×

The Time Is Come

Hey my friends,

This is my last day where I will be checking this forum until I come back from serving my mission in Mesa AZ in two years.

I just wanted to leave you with my gratitude, brothers and sisters.

I appreciate your support and prayers as I've made this decision.

I hope to see Valentinus in Mesa, sometime! :) Maybe we could have lunch, depending on what Ward and Stake I'm in.

Have a great time, you guys, and remember to always rely on the Savior, because it is only through Him we can be anything more than fallen man.

Love,

Elder Gillespie

I am told that Elders always have their little ways to rebel...my advice "don't", swim against that grain, and remember whom you represent. God bless you Elder!

Edit to add...

Oh how I envy you. I joined at 21 and already married, how I wish I could have served a mission, I sent out two and got them back though. If I M still around when you get back, give us all a full report. :)

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Oh dear Elder Gillespie...

How I pray you will have joy on your mission... do not become discouraged if most refuse your message... there will be several who will embrace the gospel. And be of service whenever you can... May the Lord bless and keep you...

GG

Elder Gillespie,

I have appreciated your presence and contributions to the message board discussion over the years. I am happy for you to be serving a mission to make a difference in the lives of others. As a convert, I appreciate that.

I wish you the best and pray that the Lord will bless you in and for your service.

Take care, friend, and best wishes.

I am excited for you to come out here. I will email you soon. Remember to be what we, in the AMM underground, call a "dirtbag". A dirtbag is a missionary who lives, learns and teaches by the Spirit and is able to remove dogmatic observation of mission rules. Eventually, you may even come into contact with the LOG. You'll learn what it means if you meet the right missionaries. I cannot divulge such information here. Just know that the LOG is everywhere. They are even in mission presidencies and the UMW.

I have been blessed to gain an understanding of how to be obedient without coming across as better than others who don't choose the same things I have.

In fact, we had a new missionary arrive at the start of this year whose biggest trait is that he's exactly obedient, almost to a fault. I've tried to help him understand that you can be exactly obedient without being stuck up about it. You can't judge someone else because they haven't made that commitment or come to that point in their lives. You just love them, that's all you can do, and be there for them.

I'm excited for this great opportunity.

Best wishes, my beloved friends.

If you wish to get in contact with me, email wise, Valentinus is my proxy here (that's chilling, I know, but I trust him. :)).

I have been blessed to gain an understanding of how to be obedient without coming across as better than others who don't choose the same things I have.

In fact, we had a new missionary arrive at the start of this year whose biggest trait is that he's exactly obedient, almost to a fault. I've tried to help him understand that you can be exactly obedient without being stuck up about it. You can't judge someone else because they haven't made that commitment or come to that point in their lives. You just love them, that's all you can do, and be there for them.

I'm excited for this great opportunity.

Best wishes, my beloved friends.

If you wish to get in contact with me, email wise, Valentinus is my proxy here (that's chilling, I know, but I trust him. :)).

Wow! My first unofficial church calling as a non-LDS! I am honestly honored.

I will be asking Wade Englund, Pa Pa, Volgadon and mfbukowski to participate in the setting apart. Calmoriah, Garden Girl, and Blue Dreams will preside.

Wow! My first unofficial church calling as a non-LDS! I am honestly honored.

I will be asking Wade Englund, Pa Pa, Volgadon and mfbukowski to participate in the setting apart. Calmoriah, Garden Girl, and Blue Dreams will preside.

That will mean living two more years...I'll give the college try. :)

Hey my friends,

This is my last day where I will be checking this forum until I come back from serving my mission in Mesa AZ in two years.

I just wanted to leave you with my gratitude, brothers and sisters.

I appreciate your support and prayers as I've made this decision.

I hope to see Valentinus in Mesa, sometime! :) Maybe we could have lunch, depending on what Ward and Stake I'm in.

Have a great time, you guys, and remember to always rely on the Savior, because it is only through Him we can be anything more than fallen man.

Love,

Elder Gillespie

Best wishes.

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!

Edited by thesometimesaint

Best wishes.

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

kingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!

TSS, is this on your missionary plaque? I'd love to read what some on here put on theirs, including Gillebre!! Also, Gillebre how did you're farewell go? So exciting for missionaries to go out into the world and meet a variety of people, great learning experience!

I have a son and his family and a daughter and her family in your vicinity. My sons son served in the Phoenix area and just before his mission was completed my son moved out there. May the Lord bless and protect you.. You sound like you will be a great missionary.

TSS, is this on your missionary plaque? I'd love to read what some on here put on theirs, including Gillebre!! Also, Gillebre how did you're farewell go? So exciting for missionaries to go out into the world and meet a variety of people, great learning experience!

I never served a mission for the Church. Vietnam got in the way. But my wife and I are looking towards to the time when we can go on a couples mission. :)

My son served in the Zimbabwe, Zambia Mission.