Seriously No Politics ×

Just Rewards

My dad passed on this little tidbit the other day:

My missionary grand-daughter in Rome reports that her
companion (in a previously companionship) was doing a favor for an LDS member, "dog-sitting." She went daily to an apartment to feed an old dog while the folks were away. One day she got there and found the dog was dead.

She had to do something with the body, so she looked around and found a dilapidated suitcase. She put the dog's corpse into it to carry it to a dumpster outside. As she walked down the apartment house hall, a young man came up to her and said, "Let me help you carry that." She allowed that.

Then he said,"What is in the bag?" Too embarrassed to say "a dead dog" she stammered out, "A computer." Whereupon the man broke into a run and disappeared.
Edited by cursor

I love it.

My car was broken into and a purse that was in the back was stolen. It was a purse that had been given to us when we were in Russia and had only one thing in it---pepper spray. I am hoping the heat in the car caused it to explode and when the person opened the purse he got it full in the face.

Years ago I laughed with glee upon reading this in the newspaper:

There was a woman walking her small dog... she had cleaned up his mess, placing it in a plastic bag and then into a paper bag. As she walked along, a young man ran up behind her, grabbed the paper bag and ran off... She said she would like to have been there to see him open his "prize."

GG

My missionary grand-daughter in Rome reports that her companion (in a previously companionship) was doing a favor for an LDS member, "dog-sitting." She went daily to an apartment to feed an old dog while the folks were away. One day she got there and found the dog was dead.

She had to do something with the body, so she looked around and found a dilapidated suitcase. She put the dog's corpse into it to carry it to a dumpster outside. As she walked down the apartment house hall, a young man came up to her and said, "Let me help you carry that." She allowed that.

Then he said,"What is in the bag?" Too embarrassed to say "a dead dog" she stammered out, "A computer." Whereupon the man broke into a run and disappeared.

I probably shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.

That's hilarious.

When I was serving in Northern California, one of my companions, while serving with someone else, had her backpack stolen out of their car. Though it was a great loss to her, I doubt the thieves enjoyed her scriptures, journal, and the Books of Mormon they found when they opened the bag as much as they thought they would.

That's hilarious.

When I was serving in Northern California, one of my companions, while serving with someone else, had her backpack stolen out of their car. Though it was a great loss to her, I doubt the thieves enjoyed her scriptures, journal, and the Books of Mormon they found when they opened the bag as much as they thought they would.

I absolutely love this one... :D

GG

companion (in a previously companionship) was doing a favor for an LDS member, "dog-sitting." She went daily to an apartment to feed an old dog while the folks were away. One day she got there and found the dog was dead.

Is this a joke based on history?

I read a post on different forum some time ago where the author reported that he stole a purse years ago from someone's backpack. He said that just three short months later he was baptized. ;)

I don't get this at all! haha! I had my bike bag stolen as a missionary. We searched around for it and we found most of the contents on the lawns down a side street, we could tell they were just rummaging through it in a car and throwing things out that they didn't want and finally they threw away the bag itself. I think all they got was my handy dandy tire repair kit....big score eh?

That's hilarious.

Did she include the stolen Books of Mormon in her stats for Book of Mormon placements for the week? ;):D

That is just too funny. While in the Army, Someone stole my jacket (yes people would do that and remove your name...as it was an Army jacket and put their own); anyway it a pocket size BoM in it. I hope he read it, but your story was so much better.

:)

The Shopping Trip

This is just too funny! This could only be true; you simply can't make this stuff up!

Clutching their Kohl's shopping bags, Ellen and Kay woefully gazed down at a dead cat in the mall parking lot. Obviously a recent hit..no flies, no smell.. "What business could that poor kitty have had here?" murmured Ellen.

"Come on, Ellen, let's just go..."

But Ellen had already grabbed her shopping bag and was explaining, "I'll just put my things in your bag, and then I'll use this tissue."'

She dumped her purchases into Kay's bag and then used the tissue paper to cradle and lower the former feline into her own Kohl's bag and cover it.

They continued the short trek to the car in silence, stashing their goods in the trunk. But it occurred to both of them that if they left Ellen's burial bag in the trunk, warmed by the Texas sunshine while they ate, Kay's Lumina would soon lose that new-car smell.

They decided to leave the bag on top of the trunk, and they headed over to K & W Cafeteria.

They went through the serving line and sat down at a window table.They had a view of Kay's Chevy with the Kohl's bag still on the trunk.

But not for long! As they ate, they noticed a large woman in a red gingham shirt stroll by their car. She looked quickly this way and that, and then took the Kohl's bag without breaking stride. She quickly walked out of their line of vision. Kay and Ellen shot each other a wide-eyed look of amazement.

It all happened so fast that neither of them could think how to respond. "Can you imagine?" finally sputtered Ellen, "'The nerve of that woman!"

Kay sympathized with Ellen, but inwardly a laugh was building as she thought about the grand surprise awaiting the female thief.

Just when she thought she'd have to giggle into her napkin, she noticed Ellen's eyes freeze in the direction of the serving line. Following her gaze, Kay recognized the large woman in the red gingham shirt with the Kohl's bag hanging from her arm. She was brazenly pushing her tray toward the cashier.

Helplessly they watched the scene unfold:

After leaving the register, the woman settled at a table across from theirs, put the bag on an empty chair and began to eat.

After a few bites of baked whitefish and green beans, she casually lifted the bag into her lap to survey her treasure. Looking from side to side, but not far enough to notice her rapt audience three tables over, she pulled out the tissue paper and peered into the bag.

Her eyes widened, and she began to make a sort of gasping noise. The noise grew. The bag slid from her lap as she sank to the floor,wheezing and clutching her upper chest. The beverage cart attendant quickly recognized a customer in trouble and sent the busboy to call 911, while she administered the Heimlich maneuver.

A crowd quickly gathered that did not include Ellen and Kay, who remained riveted to their chairs for seven whole minutes until the ambulance arrived. In a matter of minutes, the large woman with the red gingham shirt emerged, still gasping, and securely strapped on a gurney.

Two well-trained EMT volunteers steered her to the waiting ambulance, while a third scooped up her belongings. The last they saw of the distressed cat-burglar was as she disappeared behind the ambulance doors... the Kohl's Bag perched on her stomach!!

The Goddess does take care of those who do bad things and, once in a while, she allows us to witness.

http://turoks.net/Cabana/TheShoppingTrip.php

Did she include the stolen Books of Mormon in her stats for Book of Mormon placements for the week? ;):D

I don't think so!

She should have! ...

I agree. ;) One never knows the impact the Book of Mormon might have! (Remember, Vincenzo Di Francesca (How Rare a Possession) found the Book of Mormon that converted him on top of a barrel of ashes. ;) ) People like my brother and our very own Will Schryver served in Italy, atop the shoulders of giants like Fratello Di Francesca! :)

Edited by Kenngo1969