Seriously No Politics ×

Paleontologists Brought To Tears, Laughter By Creation Museum

Nathair/|\

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jiVuN2BMp6tmuGBGOedALIY4_FaA

I thought this was interesting.

Lisa Park of the University of Akron cried at one point as she walked a hallway full of flashing images of war, famine and natural disasters which the museum blames on belief in evolution.

"I think it's very bad science and even worse theology -- and the theology is far more offensive to me," said Park, a professor of paleontology who is an elder in the Presbyterian Church.

"I think there's a lot of focus on fear, and I don't think that's a very Christian message... I find it a malicious manipulation of the public."

What do you guys think?

http://www.google.co...GBGOedALIY4_FaA

What do you guys think?

I think that while we shouldn't shy away from discussing the negative influence that the theory of evolution has had, to use a simplistic portrayal in order to demonise those who think differently is heinous and manipulative. It also does a disservice to those that would learn from history, and is a disgrace to the memory of the victims.

That science and most normal people recognize that the fact that several species of animals eat their mates is not an endorsement of human cannibalism escapes these people.

The dogmatism coming from that side is no more appealing than the dogmatism coming from the evolution camp.

Oh I don't know. Maybe the "reality" of a magical invisible flying spaghetti monster living in the clouds. That brings all the good little boys and girls, around the world, presents on winter solstice. Or was that the Great Pumpkin on Halloween?

Sarcasm. Come on SS your better than that.

Sarcasm. Come on SS your better than that.

Yes that answer was sarcastic. But it is the only viable option. NO ONE is exempt from their own independent view of reality. In that we ALL see reality a little differently. The further we are from the commonly agreed to reality the more we are classified as either children, mentally ill, or under the influence of some psychoactive drug. If the universe is observable and measurable then science is simply the means by which we observe and measure the reality of that universe. To date there is absolutely no evidence that man and dinosaurs were contemporaneous, despite the so called Creationist Museum, all the evidence so far is the opposite. All you have to do to disprove it is just dig up a fully modern human skeleton from the Jurassic Period.

Yes that answer was sarcastic. But it is the only viable option. NO ONE is exempt from their own independent view of reality. In that we ALL see reality a little differently. The further we are from the commonly agreed to reality the more we are classified as either children, mentally ill, or under the influence of some psychoactive drug. If the universe is observable and measurable then science is simply the means by which we observe and measure the reality of that universe. To date there is absolutely no evidence that man and dinosaurs were contemporaneous, despite the so called Creationist Museum, all the evidence so far is the opposite. All you have to do to disprove it is just dig up a fully modern human skeleton from the Jurassic Period.

No evidence accepted by the evolutionist gate keepers. Another instance of filtering information through one reality.

http://www.google.co...GBGOedALIY4_FaA

What do you guys think?

It seemed like an unbalanced report.

The 27 million dollar, 70,000-square-foot (6,500-square-metre) museum which has been dubbed a "creationist Disneyland" has attracted 715,000 visitors since it opened in mid-2007 with a vow to "bring the pages of the Bible to life."
That's $38 per visitor spent...and about 150,000 visitors per year....compared to about 40,000 visitors per day to Disneyland, but then it's $30 per adult visitor so they will start to break even in a year and a half or so probably (though that doesn't take into account upkeep costs.

http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/exhibits/

http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/grounds/

http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/theater-presentations/

That science and most normal people recognize that the fact that several species of animals eat their mates is not an endorsement of human cannibalism escapes these people.

Yes they kill to eat. Not out of vengeance and a need for power. Unless it a house at...just mean. :)

No evidence accepted by the evolutionist gate keepers. Another instance of filtering information through one reality.

On the internet all the evidence of you is a series of electronic dots. We must filter that fact of reality to conclude there is a real live human being behind the dots.

On the internet all the evidence of you is a series of electronic dots. We must filter that fact of reality to conclude there is a real live human being behind the dots.

We also must keep in mind that just because there is a series of electronic dots does not mean there is a real live human being behind them. The mistake evolutionist make is interpreting every set of electronic dots as living human beings and ignoring any other alternative.

I think the Creation Museum is absurd and pathetic, and understand why the scientists were moved to laughter and tears.

Ah, don't be bashful. Tell us how you really feel.

I think the Creation Museum dogmatic evolutionists is are absurd and pathetic, and understand why the scientists were some people are sometimes moved to laughter and tears.

Just for the record I find those who dogmatically stand on either end of the issue as absurd and pathetic. If both sides were not so rigidly entrenched perhaps some real learning could take place.

Ah, don't be bashful. Tell us how you really feel.

I think the Creation Museum dogmatic evolutionists is are absurd and pathetic, and understand why the scientists were some people are sometimes moved to laughter and tears.

Just for the record I find those who dogmatically stand on either end of the issue as absurd and pathetic. If both sides were not so rigidly entrenched perhaps some real learning could take place.

There are critics and cranks on every issue. There is an space alien museum down in Roswell N.M.. It is great fun to visit, but few put any stock in it.

Really ERayR if someone were to tell you this planets sky is red and someone else told you it is blue. Do you find each statement absurd and pathetic?

There are critics and cranks on every issue. There is an space alien museum down in Roswell N.M.. It is great fun to visit, but few put any stock in it.

Really ERayR if someone were to tell you this planets sky is red and someone else told you it is blue. Do you find each statement absurd and pathetic?

In light of what I wrote your post is absurd. Two sky colors are not on either end of the evolution/creation issue. But you know that.

I would if both dogmatically insisted it was that colour all of the time. The sky varies in colour.....

I may find it absurd, but I don't think it's absurd of them to disagree with me. In other words, they aren't crazy simply because they don't hold to what I think is 'reality'.

Though there may be individual exceptions, scientists as a group are among the least dogmatic people I've encountered. Present them with enough solid evidence, and they will change their mind. Real dogmatists will refuse to change their position no matter how much evidence there is.

Archived