Seriously No Politics ×

For your consideration:

Trailer:

Full Documentary:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXOKsQqOiA

Found myself largely in agreement with the trailer so I am now watching the full documentary. The first statements in the trailer by Phyllis Schafly mirrors the latest recent statements (Conference/Newsroom?) about people erroneously seeing the LDS priesthood in terms of a conflict between men and women.

The goal of Planned Parenthood et. al. in getting children to experiment sexually in order to fuel the abortion business was accurately reflected as are the overall effects of modern feminism in society. I suspect that if it were produced by people with an LDS background it would be slightly tempered but little changed overall.

This has been out since 2007 so it's a wonder I had not heard of it till now. Seems likely to be a valuable tool for explaining Christian/LDS values in the subject.

Having seen it all now:

I'm not seeing an absolute prohibition of women in the workplace, political office, military etc. as some will no doubt see But it is certainly against the notion of creating circumstances that force women into these various areas.

I fully agree with the principle of Isaiah 3:12 mentioned here. I'm not saying that women shouldn't vote, but I notice the explaination mirrors what's taught in the temple.

The goal of 3 to 5 abortions for a girl between the ages of 13-18 for every girl is indeed monstrous.

Remove the fear of God, remove the fear of consequences.

"If they dress or talk or carry themselves like they're impure, then that's what they're communicating......If a woman wears materinty clothes, she shouldn't be surprised when people think she's pregnant. If you wear a uniform that says you're a police officer, you shouldn't be surprised if people think you're a police officer. So if a woman dresses as though she's loose, she shouldn't be surprised if that's what people think of her character."

It is clear that we LDS have allies in this spiritual battle in the physical world. See also:

http://www.mormondia...-granddaughter/

I think my prediction turned out to be correct. Only a very tiny bit of tempering or perhaps none at all and the teaching of this documentary would absolutely be the view consistent with LDS official doctrine. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that as is, this or this type of thing should be recommended viewing for all young men and women.

There is research showing we tend to absorb things that are consistent with existing believe. The idea that Planned Parenthood is about encouraging abortion is just silly. If that were true, why would it be the biggest provider of birth control?

There is research showing we tend to absorb things that are consistent with existing believe. The idea that Planned Parenthood is about encouraging abortion is just silly. If that were true, why would it be the biggest provider of birth control?

Birth control fails. To illustrate this in a different context, Slate Magazine (generally very liberal) recently had an article about the dropping HIV rates in Africa. Turns out that it's not due to condom use like the whites are pushing, but because, with strong support from the clergy, they're focusing on abstinence first, than fidelity, then condoms only as a last resort. If Planned Parenthood really wanted to prevent pregnancy, they would be doing the same thing.

The idea that Planned Parenthood is about encouraging abortion is just silly. If that were true, why would it be the biggest provider of birth control?

Just curious. Are you able to see the flaw in your logic.

Birth control fails. To illustrate this in a different context, Slate Magazine (generally very liberal) recently had an article about the dropping HIV rates in Africa. Turns out that it's not due to condom use like the whites are pushing, but because, with strong support from the clergy, they're focusing on abstinence first, than fidelity, then condoms only as a last resort. If Planned Parenthood really wanted to prevent pregnancy, they would be doing the same thing.

Yes all forms of birth control sometimes fail, even sterilization. But that is no reason not to use it.

Education is a key ingredient. But it isn't the only ingredient. Further abstinence only education is a colossal failure.

People have been having sex for a long time now. It is unlikely that that is going to stop anytime soon. So it is best to arm our children with all the necessary tools that for when they do become sexually active. Including knowledge of and proper use of birth control.

Yes all forms of birth control sometimes fail, even sterilization. But that is no reason not to use it.

Education is a key ingredient. But it isn't the only ingredient. Further abstinence only education is a colossal failure.

People have been having sex for a long time now. It is unlikely that that is going to stop anytime soon. So it is best to arm our children with all the necessary tools that for when they do become sexually active. Including knowledge of and proper use of birth control.

SS you are mistaken. There is one form of birth control that never fails and you will never see planned parenthood advocating it. It is called abstinence. Never fails.

Some people just live in an alternate universe. I guess you ahve not been following Kermit Gosnell? I mean 10 grand an abortion and you don't think they encourage it?

I am sorry but the lies the left tell are what is the failure. Liberism is a failure. Wake up SS.
The idea that Planned Parenthood is about encouraging abortion is just silly. If that were true, why would it be the biggest provider of birth control?

And why then are they also the largest single providers of abortions?

Did you miss the strategy laid out in the documentary? The idea is to encourage and make children feel safe about sex because they are on or using birth control, knowing that they will make mistakes and become pregnant or, in the case presented, give them a low enough dosage they will be come pregnant in short order. Are you aware of how they take parents out of the loop?

I recommend you vist http://www.stopp.org. We were able to get Planned Parenthood's cirriculum out of our school district with the information provided btw. It was realtively easy in our case as the teachers involved didn't know what was going on and we caught it early. But they've tried to get back in and we've been very watchful.

Btw, have you heard of the videos 'Last Train' and 'Blue Dove' put out by Planned Parenthood's worldwide organization? The USA still has a bit of a sense of morality when it comes to sexualizing children so they are not shown in schools here.....yet. But you can certainly find them on the internet. Research them, I dare you.

There is research showing we tend to absorb things that are consistent with existing believe.

Then, according to the context I think you are implying, doesn't that invalidate every side of the issue because we all merely absorb what we will allow to be absorbed? So with that completely neutralized, let's get down to the nitty gritty. What do you agree/disagree with here? Come, I believe in the free exchange of ideas and will not punish you for it (though I can't say the same for others).

Archived