Seriously No Politics ×

This is the weirdest Mormon item I have heard in a long time, I laughed SO hard when I read it!!!

Then you need to see this:

[media=]

While I admire his bravery. It was an incredibly thoughtless thing to do. The story would have turned out a whole lot less funny if the mugger had a gun.

And so he should have just let the woman be mugged? Or come out weaponless as if that would somehow persuade the attacker better than with a weapon?

A sword is actually a pretty good psychological weapon, much like a dog with sharp teeth and growling.

While I admire his bravery. It was an incredibly thoughtless thing to do. The story would have turned out a whole lot less funny if the mugger had a gun.

What should the man have done while the woman outside was being attacked then?

I'm of the opinion that this world needs a whole lot more "thoughtless" people, if this what thoughtless people do when others are in danger.

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once.”

– William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

I'm of the opinion that this world needs a whole lot more "thoughtless" people, if this what thoughtless people do when others are in danger.

Call his congressman to quickly pass a law so that the man would stop.

There is a reason police carry a firearm.

1. Call the police

2. Make notes of any identifying traits or marks of the attacker; description of any vehicle(s) involved, including license plate numbers; Time, date and location of incident; etc etc., etc..

3. Call police.

4. Render whatever aid you can without causing greater injury to then victim.

5.Call the police.

6. Do not add to the problem by becoming a victim yourself.

Being thoughtless is NEVER a good idea, and in violent crime scenes it can turn out deadly not only to the victim, but to the would be rescuer. Not even skilled fireman run into a building on fire without thinking about what they'll do. An untrained civilian is just another liability waiting to happen.

There is a reason police carry a firearm.

1. Call the police

2. Make notes of any identifying traits or marks of the attacker; description of any vehicle(s) involved, including license plate numbers; Time, date and location of incident; etc etc., etc..

3. Call police.

4. Render whatever aid you can without causing greater injury to then victim.

5.Call the police.

6. Do not add to the problem by becoming a victim yourself.

Being thoughtless is NEVER a good idea, and in violent crime scenes it can turn out deadly not only to the victim, but to the would be rescuer. Not even skilled fireman run into a building on fire without thinking about what they'll do. An untrained civilian is just another liability waiting to happen.

Like i said, i have a hard time believing you would think this way if it was someone YOU loved in trouble, but maybe so, i don't really know you.

All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing (or stand behind their locked doors taking notes).

I have a hard time believing that you would label this man as thoughless if it had been your wife, daughter, or granddaughter he had rushed out to save.

:pardon:

Someone running out into a gunfight with a knife/sword is at a distinct disadvantage.

Why would adding another victim to a criminal act be considered thoughtful. I've rescued a number of people for potentially, and actual deadly situations. However I have the necessary skill, training, and equipment to do it. Plus I had the authority given by the State to do it.

Like i said, i have a hard time believing you would think this way if it was someone YOU loved in trouble, but maybe so, i don't really know you.

All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing (or stand behind their locked doors taking notes).

If he hadn't followed the man, he would not have been able to find the Chapstik or taken note of his license plate.

1) The police were called by his son by his instruction.

2) He was trained in the martial arts and knew how to use the sword.

tss,

Are you really suggesting that he and his neighbours should have stayed behind locked doors listening to the woman scream for help while relying on the police to take care of it when they arrived ten minutes or so later...assuming that the woman lived that long.

Someone running out into a gunfight with a knife/sword is at a distinct disadvantage.

Why would adding another victim to a criminal act be considered thoughtful.

Yes, better to just stand by and listen to her scream for help and hope that she manages to survive long enough for the police to show up....even though they had no knowledge that the guy had a gun or not and could have backed off if he did.

It is not about being thoughtful, it is about showing love for another by being willing to risk your life for theirs.

But, he wasn't running out into a gunfight, so we can stop acting as if he was.

Even if he had been though, so what? If he wants to risk his life for another person, then i'm not going to lecture him about how thoughtless he's being.

Why would adding another victim to a criminal act be considered thoughtful.

Being willing to lay down your life for your brother seems to be a thoughtful act to me.

I've rescued a number of people for potentially, and actual deadly situations. However I have the necessary skill, training, and equipment to do it. Plus I had the authority given by the State to do it.

Thank goodness you had that necessary training and authority, or it sounds like those people would be dead because you would not have done anything more than call the police and observe the situation. And if that had been your decision under different circumstances, i could completely understand that. I don't think people HAVE to risk their lives for another to be good people.

But i think it's lame to castigate someone for taking risks to protect another person just because you wouldn't under similar circumstances.

Archived