Seriously No Politics ×

Tradgedy In Boston

ERayR

I hope this garbage does not start another war.

If it's a foreign attack.....

They already have a Saudi national as a suspect in the hospital

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

...then I would say it's the result of not finishing the wars. We are now doomed to endless war (usually low level conflict) because we no longer have the guts to do what it takes to finish a war.

http://www.nypost.co...29uC2PDGIjYBalO

...then I would say it's the result of not finishing the wars. We are now doomed to endless war (usually low level conflict) because we no longer have the guts to do what it takes to finish a war.

I knew it would only be a matter of time. I hope things don't start to ramp up.

What a horrific sight though. I feel for the people.

Well, we have people in office who likely will not respond forcefully enough to prevent more. Looks like the war will be carried to us. Unilateral withdrawal has only emboldened the enemy. We have never stopped being at war though our side has been successfully lulled to sleep.

I'm not going to post a link but if you want to see the explosions up close and on the ground (within 50 meters for the first one) then search on

"Boston.com reporter Steve Silva's video"

It is disturbing and you will see the wounded but not close enough or clear to be graphic imho. Buyer beware. The initial overhead views and early on the national media reporting do not give the proper perspective. You can now see that these were, as is now being reported, small trashcan bombs with most of the effect confined to perhaps a 10 meter radius and one could be closer and be somewhat protected by the crowd. The bombs are about 13 seconds apart. You will see up close that same runner wearing orange who fell down in the street after being hit by a visible piece of shrapnel that you saw in the first overhead views. No blood. I think (and hope) he will be okay.

Turn on your news. Terrorist bomb in Boston at finish line of the Boston Marathon.

I've been watching the various news reports... and my heart is heavy that there are individual(s) who are so filled with hate, or deranged, that they are willing to indiscriminately kill or maim, including children.

I love Boston. My husband and I visited there, and on a lovely, warm spring morning took a self-guided walking tour called "Freedom Trail" (a red line painted on the sidewalk) that goes all around the city to the numerous historical sites (Paul Revere's home, the Old North Church, Ben Franklin's grave, Old Ironsides, and many others). It was wonderful.

Not to be political, but I hope those who are embroiled in debating gun control will realize that a person(s) bent on killing or doing harm does not need a gun, no matter how many laws are in place... as shown in the latest two events, i.e., the man who used a knife to randomly stab numerous people... and now this, using explosives.

Prayers for the victims and their families... and for our nation.

GG

Well, we have people in office who likely will not respond forcefully enough to prevent more. Looks like the war will be carried to us. Unilateral withdrawal has only emboldened the enemy. We have never stopped being at war though our side has been successfully lulled to sleep.

Are you serious?

This seems appropriate on this somber occasion. I submitted it to The Daily Utah Chronicle following the terrorist attacks of 9/11. (It's one of the few worthwhile things The Chronicle has ever published. ;)) May the loved ones of those killed and injured find solace.

http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/?p=51080

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

The Post article is wrong on multiple points.

Anyway . . .

Bombing on April 15th (tax day), Boston's Patriot Day, in the city that is the namesake of a kooky political party movement . . . I'm thinking domestic, right-wing terrorists.

And yes, Garden Girl, reasonable gun control is still needed!

The Post article is wrong on multiple points.

Anyway . . .

Bombing on April 15th (tax day), Boston's Patriot Day, in the city that is the namesake of a kooky political party movement . . . I'm thinking domestic, right-wing terrorists.

Could we please not let this one post, about a very tragic event, not get political. I would absolutely hate to see this of all posts locked. WHat does that say about us as LDS if we cant have a reasonable discussion without turning speculative and nasty. I hope the mods do the right thing on this thread.

Those who turn this tragedy into a political statement will be removed.

I agree...

Could we please not let this one post, about a very tragic event, not get political. I would absolutely hate to see this of all posts locked. WHat does that say about us as LDS if we cant have a reasonable discussion without turning speculative and nasty. I hope the mods do the right thing on this thread.

Those who turn this tragedy into a political statement will be removed.

Sorry... I was trying to avoid overt politics while still observing recent events...

GG

http://www.nypost.co...29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Well, let's think about that shall we? In our exuberance to get Bin Laden and his gang of henchmen, the US alone spent between 3.2 and 4 trillion dollars. We used up a very large national surplus and are now at least 1.1 trillion in the hole. Frankly, we don't have the money to wage war on Saudi Arabia. We very nearly attacked them right before we stupidly invaded Iraq. Saudi Arabia would have been the better target, I think. And, now it seems that Pakistan was knowingly hiding Bin Laden. To add insult to injury, the really big money guys are taking their money out of the US and nest egging it abroad. Who do we blame for that? Are these big money guys mad about Unions, and social dole entitlements, or is there some other agenda? My own thought is that the US is in for a very hard jolt now, and only those who are faithful to Heavenly Father will be anchored.

You will see up close that same runner wearing orange who fell down in the street after being hit by a visible piece of shrapnel that you saw in the first overhead views. No blood. I think (and hope) he will be okay.

It was stupid, my first thought was for that old man who crumpled to the floor and thought "he didn't get to finish the race." I think the video you suggested shows him being helped up and away and, I think, over the finish line to get away from the bomb scene.

My thoughts are with the families of people who today, 'finished their race.'

The older guy Bill Iffrig was ok and did finish the race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulwqjRyPPxw

Is anyone else having a problem with what feels to me to be an voyeuristic style of news, they are asking people to recreate the scene in the emergency room, describe how they reacted seeing the dead and injured at the time of the bombing in quite graphic details? I understand getting facts out there, but it is like they are trying to turn it into a 'like you were there' experience to keep people watching when they don't have any new facts to give out.

Archived