Evidence Of An Excellent General Conference

Stargazer

We held our Fast and Testimony meeting today (due to Easter and General Conference pre-empting the usual fallback). It was a most unusual F&T compared to others here in my ward (where I've attended for more than 27 years). And the reason for the unusuality (word?) seems to have been General Conference.

Normally for Fast Sunday, we have between 12 and 15 members come up to the stand to bear testimony. Today, however, we had something like 25-30. The majority cited how great General Conference was, and of those who mentioned GC, a large number mentioned Elder Holland's talk as being especially inspiring -- and of those mentioning it, by far the largest number were our Youth.

The whole thing was amazing, frankly. After the bishopric member conducting the meeting finished his testimony and said the time was ours, it seemed like there was a mad rush to get up there. Well, not really. But as he sat down there was a pause, as if members were gathering themselves for the charge, and up they came. Since I was in the second row, I decided I was going to be first and I made it up there before anyone else, but I heard them behind me as I walked. There were the two full-time missionaries, and then two others, but there was no pause and no let-up from that moment until the last one, looking at the clock and then the meeting conductor beseechingly please, please, please let me, I'll be brief! And he was brief.

Did anyone else's F&T meeting seem supernormal today? And if so, does it seem GC was responsible?

We held our Fast and Testimony meeting today (due to Easter and General Conference pre-empting the usual fallback). It was a most unusual F&T compared to others here in my ward (where I've attended for more than 27 years). And the reason for the unusuality (word?) seems to have been General Conference.

Normally for Fast Sunday, we have between 12 and 15 members come up to the stand to bear testimony. Today, however, we had something like 25-30. The majority cited how great General Conference was, and of those who mentioned GC, a large number mentioned Elder Holland's talk as being especially inspiring -- and of those mentioning it, by far the largest number were our Youth.

The whole thing was amazing, frankly. After the bishopric member conducting the meeting finished his testimony and said the time was ours, it seemed like there was a mad rush to get up there. Well, not really. But as he sat down there was a pause, as if members were gathering themselves for the charge, and up they came. Since I was in the second row, I decided I was going to be first and I made it up there before anyone else, but I heard them behind me as I walked. There were the two full-time missionaries, and then two others, but there was no pause and no let-up from that moment until the last one, looking at the clock and then the meeting conductor beseechingly please, please, please let me, I'll be brief! And he was brief.

Did anyone else's F&T meeting seem supernormal today? And if so, does it seem GC was responsible?

We had an especially inspiring fast & testimony meeting in our ward today as well; General Conference was mentioned by several of those who bore testimony. Though I didn't testify myself this time (I did last month). I was powerfully impressed that each member who did do so was filled with the Spirit in a manner I haven't seen in a while. I believe Conference powefully affected our meeting today. It generated a spiritual feast.

we had F/T at the end of March, we had obviously GC last weekend and then we have stake conference in 2 weeks-of which I cannot wait, hoping to hear something, anything about the Temple that was announced for our area

glad to hear all went well in your ward today!

Usually I can tell the caliber of a conference due to the opposition I end up experiencing in the week leading up to it.

This Conference was different, all the opposition came afterwards instead of before hand. My wife's windshield cracked, my daughter almost died, and im broke again.

So it was definitely a good conference. Thankfully, the Lord is merciful.

Our Testemony meeting the best I have attended in years.

Usually I can tell the caliber of a conference due to the opposition I end up experiencing in the week leading up to it.

This Conference was different, all the opposition came afterwards instead of before hand. My wife's windshield cracked, my daughter almost died, and im broke again.

So it was definitely a good conference. Thankfully, the Lord is merciful.

Golly, sorry to hear about all that! ALL my windshields are cracked; we like them better that way, apparently. Broke seems to be my normal condition. But what happened to your daughter? That is definitely a scary thing.