Seriously No Politics ×

Picture From Phoenix Pride

Nice! I'm not surprised. A number of the Mormon folks I know feel that the LDS church leadership was on the wrong side of history and insensitive to the needs of GLBT people when it took a strong position against same sex marriage. Some people (including, ironically, Mitt Romney) are decended from plural marriages. Marriages which, even at the time they were taking place, were creating "nontraditional" families.

It is sad that this particular issue created a wedge between Mormons and GLBT people at large, especially where both groups have seen a history of legal discrmination of their relationships.

From what I was told, this group received immense applause and cheers of gratitude. Glad to know we Mormons can represent!

Sorry Valentinus... they "represent" who? While I do not agree with the stance of the people pictured, I agree this issue is one that tears at people, for instance myself, or parents/family of GLTB individuals, in some ways... On the other hand, we also abide by the doctrines of our faith including our moral standards that I, as a heterosexual woman, am subject to if I want to participate fully. I know what it is like to have to walk away from someone I cared very much for because I would not break my covenants.

GG

Sorry Valentinus... they "represent" who? While I do not agree with the stance of the people pictured, I agree this issue is one that tears at people, for instance myself, or parents/family of GLTB individuals, in some ways... On the other hand, we also abide by the doctrines of our faith including our moral standards that I, as a heterosexual woman, am subject to if I want to participate fully. I know what it is like to have to walk away from someone I cared very much for because I would not break my covenants.

GG

They are representing many others who share the same opinion. I did not mean to imply conservatively minded members. I know some of the people who marched and they are the sacrament taking, garment wearing and temple attending types. But thankfully, that isn't a real standard or stereotype.