Seriously No Politics ×

Conference Predictions? Can'T Believe No One Has Started This Yet.

So...New temples/where? Major announcements-will be hard to top last Octobers missionary one, but you never know. I give canonization of the Proclamation on the Family a 50/50 shot. Will a sister give a prayer? I don't think that sisters are going to be ordained anytime soon, and can guarantee no gay marriages in the temple, but what else might come out?

So...New temples/where? Major announcements-will be hard to top last Octobers missionary one, but you never know. I give canonization of the Proclamation on the Family a 50/50 shot. Will a sister give a prayer? I don't think that sisters are going to be ordained anytime soon, and can guarantee no gay marriages in the temple, but what else might come out?

I predict whatever is said, the righteous will receive with joy. The anti-Mormon Boards will launch a 1,000 threads, just as Helena's face launched 1,000ships. :)

I think we will see men in dark suits, women in bright colors and the majority of the speakers will have that odd singing type of voice that sounds happy and brighter than a normal persons does. I notice the more I give talks at church...the more I pick up that same type of voice....

I think we will see men in dark suits, women in bright colors and the majority of the speakers will have that odd singing type of voice that sounds happy and brighter than a normal persons does. I notice the more I give talks at church...the more I pick up that same type of voice....

Well you want your audience to be excited about what you have to say, right? Or is it your objective to put them to sleep?

I'd say this conference's temple announcements should come from the following:

US: Pocatello, Cedar City, Richmond VA

Latin America: Rio de Janeiro; Brasilia, Brazil; Managua, Nicaragua. 

Africa: Ivory Coast; Harare, Zimbabwe; Kampala Uganda OR Nairobi Kenya.

Wild cards: Bangkok, Thailand; Papua New Guinea. 

Final guesses: Bangkok, Richmond, Rio. 

I don't know about women giving prayers (not a big deal to me) and I figure a few more temple announcements are in order... I believe (and hope) that the Proclaimation on the Family is added as OD-3. It should be because it is a revelation according to Elder Packer (even if it was edited out of the Ensign) I also believe more will come forward about the new scripture editions. I notice that the on-line scriptures are more effected (the brethren did not tell us to get new paper scriptures yet) I think the OD-3 is in the wings and when it is added they would not need to release an addendum like they did with the vision of the redemption of the dead and the vision of the Celestial kingdom (originally added to the Pearl of Great Price but later into additonal sections of the D&C)

In any event I believe it will be another milestone conference (like October of last year) which will leave the Saints shouting for joy and the Anti-Mormons and critics raging and reviling the Lord's servants as they always do.

The Prophet will call us all to repentance for wasting time on these foolish blogs

Granted, all blogs aren't rcreated equal, but a blanket condemnation wouldn't be consistent with Elder Ballard's admonition to use technology to further the work of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :)

Edited by Kenngo1969

There will be talks, hymns, and statistical reports...

I'm actually interested to hear the statistical report to determine the impact of the missionary age change on missionary numbers and, by extension, the impact of missionary numbers on convert numbers (although the latter might take two or three statistical reports in the future before it becomes apparent). :)

US: Pocatello, Cedar City, Richmond VA

Latin America: Rio de Janeiro; Brasilia, Brazil; Managua, Nicaragua. 

Africa: Ivory Coast; Harare, Zimbabwe; Kampala Uganda OR Nairobi Kenya.

Wild cards: Bangkok, Thailand; Papua New Guinea. 

Final guesses: Bangkok, Richmond, Rio. 

Richmond is pretty close to DC, I'd say VA beach is more likely.

Maybe one new temple announcement, hoping for the East Coast there. Also a talk or two on the new scripture edition; possibly adding something new to D&C, but I only give that about a 5% chance.

Other than that, I'm interested in hearing the statistical report on missionaries and convert baptisms, although I think next year's report will be more indicative of the changes there.

... Other than that, I'm interested in hearing the statistical report on missionaries and convert baptisms, although I think next year's report will be more indicative of the changes there.

Somebody already mighta said somethin' similar to that, kinda, sorta, I think, maybe (on this very thread, even ...) imagine that! ;):D

Edited by Kenngo1969

... Latin America: Rio de Janeiro ...

Yeah, somebody could go to a session in Rio, then hit carnivale ... :D:rofl:

(Sorry; couldn't resist! Carry on! ;))

I would be very surprised if they announced more then 2 or 3 more Temples, if any at all actually. They have what like 25-30 Temple projects already underway and maybe they want to do some catch up

I would love the proclamation on the family, and I would like the new scriptures to be sustained from a lot of the changes not just the study helps we're changed but some of the words were as well, but that is a long shot.

One change I found along time ago was.

Abraham 1:3 or first father when in the older sets it says our first father, changing Adam from just a man to a title.

What I would like to hear is more doctrine from the scriptures not story's that start out like, when I was a boy, or when I was on my mission. They just don't do it for me anymore, but then there are others that love those talks like my wife.

But after all is said and done i know we will have some new things to talk about for six months.

They need to update the hymn book. President Hinckley passed away 5 years ago and his song, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" still has him as living till present. They should bring back "Come Thou Fount" and include President Faust's song. I don't know, but it'd be cool if they added some new songs.

Somebody already mighta said somethin' similar to that, kinda, sorta, I think, maybe (on this very thread, even ...) imagine that! ;):D

Haha, I honestly didn't notice. Great minds think alike and all I suppose. :D

Edited by Gohan

I am concerned if they cannonize the Family Proclomation it will put future leaders in a bad position. It will also end up being a damaging move to their legacy. It will not be damaging immediatly but in the future it will be.

---

Someone or two will discuss how proud they are about the number of young people who have decided to serve missions.

---

Two temple announcements.

---

An address about being united in the Gospel. That nothing, not even politcal positions, is more important then the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

---

A woman will pray.

---

One or two will further emphasize they are doing the best they can. (which they are)

---

That is ok to have personal opinions on political issues as long as they are not shared from the pulpit.

---

Say something about activism within the church. They are able to tolerate it more then we think. At the end of the day the Lord still does make the decisions.

---

Many quotes of Elders Monson, Packer, Perry and Wirthlin

Edited by tyler90az

The Prophet will call us all to repentance for wasting time on these foolish blogs

There are indeed some very foolish blogs out there, although this is not one of them,.

Actually, in recent years, the Brethren have repeatedly urged us to defend the gospel on the internet. At the same time, the Church itself has taken to the internet with great gusto, YouTube is filled with Mormon messages ("And I'm a Mormon"), while several of the Twelve actually openly using iPads with the Scriptures onboard -- it is no accident that they issued the new edition of Scripture in digital form first. Mormon missionaries who are unable to go on regular walking missions are to be found on the internet worldwide, teaching the same lessons all LDS missionaries teach and turning those accepting the gospel over to the local missionaries for baptism.

The Church is going hightech in every area, including genealogy. These are the last days, Shanky, and things are moving forward ever more quickly.

I'm actually interested to hear the statistical report to determine the impact of the missionary age change on missionary numbers and, by extension, the impact of missionary numbers on convert numbers (although the latter might take two or three statistical reports in the future before it becomes apparent). :)

I heard one projection today at a conference of knowledgeable people that not too many years hence, we will have 100,000 missionaries in the field.

Haha, I honestly didn't notice. Great minds think alike and all I suppose. :D

It's all good, Bro. :)

I heard one projection today at a conference of knowledgeable people that not too many years hence, we will have 100,000 missionaries in the field.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the numbers in the years to come. I'm reminded of what Joseph Smith said. I think we're seeing the fulfillment of one of his prophecies:

Brethren, I have been very much edified and instructed in your testimonies here tonight, but I want to say to you before the Lord, that you know no more concerning the destinies of this Church and kingdom than a babe upon its mother’s lap. You don’t comprehend it. . . . It is only a little handful of Priesthood you see here tonight, but this Church will fill North and South America—it will fill the world.