Seriously No Politics ×

My Mission Call

Friends,

In a few days my mission call will arrive. It is confirmed by multiple sources that my call has been assigned as is on it's way.

I expect it early this week, but I'm sure it could arrive later.

I'm reporting this to you because I wanted to invite you to tender your guess of where I'll serve the Lord for two years.

If you want to reply and provide your thoughts, I would ask that you give me two guesses: one domestic, and one foreign.

Those who get the closest will receive a handwritten testimony which I will mail to them.

If that isn't feasible, or they're uncomfortable (completely understandable; no hard feelings :)), then I will scan it and email it to them.

I'll start.

Domestic: New Hampshire

Foreign: Chile

Edited to add: My brother will be recording the call opening, which will then go onto Youtube and the facebook page "LDS Mission Calls." I will provide the link to that, once it's done, and you can watch it as though you were present. :)

Edited by Gillebre

What languages do you know besides English? Have you ever lived outside the States? Have the missionaries in your ward been sent to the same area right now? (When my son went out 4 out of 5 young men got sent to Utahan missions, the other went to New Zealand)

The last few sets of elders assigned to our ward have come from Utah... We are also being sent a senior couple again to complement the elders. Previously we had one or the other... now we will have both.

GG (Oregon, Eugene, mission)

The last few sets of elders assigned to our ward have come from Utah... We are also being sent a senior couple again to complement the elders. Previously we had one or the other... now we will have both.

GG (Oregon, Eugene, mission)

Thirdhand story so don't know if the numbers are right or not....Shortly before the conference announcement, a mission president a friend knows was called and asked if he could manage 100 more missionaries in his mission. When he gulped and said he could handle 120 if they had them, they asked "what about 240?" Apparently they were figuring out where they were going to put all those extra missionaries ahead of time. So it is not surprising to me that people are getting extra sets right now. Edited by calmoriah

Friends,

In a few days my mission call will arrive. It is confirmed by multiple sources that my call has been assigned as is on it's way.

I'm reporting this to you because I wanted to invite you to tender your guess of where I'll serve the Lord for two years.

If you want to reply and provide your thoughts, I would ask that you give me two guesses: one domestic, and one foreign.

Those who get the closest will receive a handwritten testimony which I will mail to them.

If that isn't feasible, or they're uncomfortable (completely understandable; no hard feelings :)), then I will scan it and email it to them.

I'll start.

Edited to add: My brother will be recording the call opening, which will then go onto Youtube and the facebook page "LDS Mission Calls." I will provide the link to that, once it's done, and you can watch it as though you were present. :)

You will serve in the Lord's Vineyard. Or the promised land...Georgia. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

I took one semester of Spanish in High School, but was largely ineffective and a poor student at it.

I've only ever lived in Kansas. I've been to Oklahoma for the Temple, and Kansas City and Independence, MO.

a lot of our missionaries from here went to Utah like 5 years ago

I took one semester of Spanish in High School, but was largely ineffective and a poor student at it.

I've only ever lived in Kansas. I've been to Oklahoma for the Temple, and Kansas City and Independence, MO.

Last Fast Sunday a member of the bishopric conducted the meeting and started out with his testimony. He mentioned that he had been at the Kansas Missouri airport on business when he saw many LDS missionaries venturing onto their missions to serve in the Independence Missouri area, he had found out somehow. Anyway, recently I have checked out the area to visit for a vacation to visit LDS sites and stumbled across a website that showed a site for a future LDS temple to be built. Have you heard anything about this? Could be the reason so many are serving there possibly. Edited by Tacenda

Not sure were you are going to go. I would wager that most people will get it wrong.

So, I say you are going to some place like Reno NV or to Boliva.

Friends,

I'll start.

Too be specific...

Domestic: Virginia

Foreign: Germany (when I was there it was in West Germany, it was a devided country then)

Whatever you do stay away from France, it has been my experience (living in West Germany for 4 years) that the French do not like Americans. One of there congressmen gave a speech saying that the Americans buried in France while liberating them, was polluting their soil. Not allowed to post what I would have said to him if I saw him face to face.

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

... Whatever you do stay away from France, it has been my experience (living in West Germany for 4 years) that the French do not like Americans. One of there congressmen gave a speech saying that the Americans buried in France while liberating them, was polluting their soil. Not allowed to post what I would have said to him if I saw him face to face.

Some of the French share those sentiments. Many do not. If you have not already done so and if you ever have the chance, take a tour of Normandy. I would be surprised if you were to encounter those sentiments among the French in your tour party. :)

And just to balance out Pa Pa's comment:

Foreign: France-Paris

Stateside: Arizona-Tempe. :)

I need more information to make an accurate prediction. How long have you been in the church? Has your parents served missions? Are you considered strong by your church ward members and Bishop? Did you complete your duty to god, eagle scouts and anything else church related? Were you a leader in a YM's association? How many times have you talked in church? are your parents connected to in any way to high ranking people in the church? What did you put request?

I really want that testimony.

I need more information to make an accurate prediction. How long have you been in the church? Has your parents served missions? Are you considered strong by your church ward members and Bishop? Did you complete your duty to god, eagle scouts and anything else church related? Were you a leader in a YM's association? How many times have you talked in church? are your parents connected to in any way to high ranking people in the church? What did you put request?

I really want that testimony.

oh a couple more, Any medical problems? What is your skin complexion?

Too be specific...

Domestic: Virginia

Foreign: Germany

Whatever you do stay away from France, it has been my experience (living in West Germany for 4 years) that the French do not like Americans. One of there congressmen gave a speech saying that the Americans buried in France while liberating them, was polluting their soil. Not allowed to post what I would have said to him if I saw him face to face.

Spent my mission in northern France and southern Belgium. While I confess a preference for the Waloons, I ran into exactly two French who went off on me for being American, and one was more concerned about the connection between the church and the CIA(!)

BTW, if you want to see the real foreign resentment there, visit a German WW1 cemetery on French soil. Plain, black wooden crosses, with no name or other identification, and surrounded by dirt. Contrast this with the American cemetery I saw in Luxembourg (okay, not exactly France). Immaculately landscaped, and several locals visiting while we were there.

My daughter was born in Wichita....best zoo.....couldn't stand the humidity though.

Domestic: California

Foreign: England