Seriously No Politics ×

Anyone Else Tired Of Controversy?

It seems lately there has been so much controversy. Not just the normal political controversy, it has extended to the church as well. Gay marriage, immigration, gun bans / rights, the economy, women praying, women holding the priesthood, etc., etc. Anyone else ready for a period with a little less controversy, if not in the world at least in the church. Maybe I just need to take a break from this site.

I have never been more tired of hearing about gays and marriage, women and priesthood, the ineffectual congress, Democratic/Republican arguing, and every other topic of conflict. There is an overarching sense of malaise in the country that is made worse with a poor economy. I hate going to see movies or watch television and be forced to see either the happy gay person or the wonderful gay parent. I reject the constant attack on all standards of morality in all sources of media. I reject how even on this forum we are not able to call a spade a spade without being tossed from the thread. Activists are everywhere and they each have their own agenda and demand that everyone meet their particular agenda of what they think is right. Frankly, I have little use for them or their agenda and tend to walk away. What I will not do is capitulate to their attempts to force me to accept their position.

It seems lately there has been so much controversy. Not just the normal political controversy, it has extended to the church as well. Gay marriage, immigration, gun bans / rights, the economy, women praying, women holding the priesthood, etc., etc. Anyone else ready for a period with a little less controversy, if not in the world at least in the church. Maybe I just need to take a break from this site.

The truth is always controversial...is there some debate about "guns" in Church, or some debate of which I am unaware?

...is there some debate about "guns" in Church, or some debate of which I am unaware?

A few months ago on this very thread. I remember several threads ranging from the appropriateness of LDS supporting the 2nd amendment, to what would the members do if the prophet commanded us to give up our guns, etc.

A few months ago on this very thread. I remember several threads ranging from the appropriateness of LDS supporting the 2nd amendment, to what would the members do if the prophet commanded us to give up our guns, etc.

No Prophet will ask us to give up our guns, nor teach in conflict with the "Bill of Rights", unless it became the law of the land. If we believe the Constitution to be inspired, then those who love it will not preach against.

Actually, the EQ of the ward I should attend is amazing. The high priests are pretty cool too but they fall asleep a lot during class. I'm tempted to contact SLC about merging nursery with high priests...a good way to keep 'em busy.

Been there, done that. But have pity on this old HP whom just doesn't have the energy to deal with the rug rats anymore. :)

I am really tired of controversy. It seems like there is every different kind of opinion possible out there. It is hard to know what is right and what is wrong anymore, or if someone is lying or not. There is just too much confusion for me in the media so I try to keep my news reading down to a minimum.

Until everybody agrees with me there will be controversy. :diablo: