Seriously No Politics ×

Board Restrictions? Contacting Mods?

emarkp

I've a short history here, but lurking and checking the FAQ haven't been helpful. I tried contacting two different moderators but after several days, haven't heard back. (Also, my PM's seem to be limited to 1, so I had to delete the first before sending the second.)

1. I can't find any way to edit a post.
  2. I'm apparently not allowed to start a new topic in General Discussions.

Is this a restriction on accounts with few posts? Or is my account in some odd wedged state? Has anyone else had success contacting mods for help with issues like these?

Oh, that's funny. My post asking the question was #25. And there's the edit button. Hi-larious.

Seek and ye shall find; ask and it shall be opened unto you! :D

I've a short history here, but lurking and checking the FAQ haven't been helpful. I tried contacting two different moderators but after several days, haven't heard back. (Also, my PM's seem to be limited to 1, so I had to delete the first before sending the second.)

1. I can't find any way to edit a post.
  2. I'm apparently not allowed to start a new topic in General Discussions.

Is this a restriction on accounts with few posts? Or is my account in some odd wedged state? Has anyone else had success contacting mods for help with issues like these?

The mods are busy and volunteers. Sometimes the answer is doing what you ask. I have asked a few questions in 7 years, but few answers, but many fixes. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee