Seriously No Politics ×

Mali Presidential Election Now Set For July 1, 2013

Stargazer

Of course, the reason for bringing this up is because one of the candidates for President of Mali is the only LDS member in Mali and a graduate of BYU, Yeah Samake.

I don't know how likely it is that he will win the election. There are currently at least 14 candidates. His campaign website: HERE. It's in both French and English -- he is fundraising mostly outside Mail, trying to avoid the accusations of corruption that surround campaign finance there in-country. I am not sure how this kind of fundraising accomplishes the "transparency" platform plank of his campaign, but perhaps he knows more than I do.

Well...he may be the only member in Mali currently he is not the only member from Mali. :)

I had the pleasure of greeting Mali's first missionary off the plane in the Phoenix Mission.

He currently has my bike that I left behind.

So,, that would mean that he joined the Church in a country other than Mali. Do you know if he plans to return home after his mission? Or, perhaps he has already completed his mission and has returned to where he was serving from?

So,, that would mean that he joined the Church in a country other than Mali. Do you know if he plans to return home after his mission? Or, perhaps he has already completed his mission and has returned to where he was serving from?

He joined the Church in Colorado while on an exchange from Mali. Yes, he does plan on returning home.

I was placed under an obligation not to go into too much detail about him, his life or his plans. He is an extraordinary man though, and a phenomenal missionary.

He joined the Church in Colorado while on an exchange from Mali. Yes, he does plan on returning home.

I was placed under an obligation not to go into too much detail about him, his life or his plans. He is an extraordinary man though, and a phenomenal missionary.

So very cool!

Archived