Confused About Trying For Another Baby

proudmom61289

Ok let me talk about our current situation first. My husband and I have two kids ages 3 and 2. We are currently living in a one bedroom basement apartment which is quite cozy with the four of us. We don't know how long we'll be here and cant afford to move anywhere else.

For the past few months I keep having this feeling that we should be trying to have another. I just shake it out of my head because all I can think about is our situation and how crazy that would be to add another baby into the mix. We know that we want a big family and I really don't like the idea about having a big gap between the youngest and the next one. I cant get the idea out of my head!

Should I just go with my gut feeling? I'm so confused! We have been praying about this for a while and asking what we should do. Since the thought keeps entering my mind and I cant help but smile when I think about having another, should we just go with it?

The board is unfortunately not an appropriate place for advice of such a personal nature.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Maestrophil
      So I have shared before that of all my 6 kids, we have 4 that want nothing to do with the church, one that has been sealed in the temple, but seem to struggle with activity, WOW, garments, etc. and one couple that talks as if they have a testimony, but have never chosen to attend the temple, or church since being married.  
      This weekend, I had the good fortune to spend time with all my kids and have some good conversations.  My DIL, who is the wife in the last couple I mentioned was talking about how she has a 'strong testimony the gospel is true' but doesn't like the 'culture'.  I mentioned we all struggle with various aspects of the culture, and then felt to ask her if they ever saw themselves choosing to be sealed int he temple.  She said she didn't think so - when I asked why, she said it was because she "doesn't feel bad about having chosen to live with André (my son) before they were married."  She said she feels that was the right choice for them, and that because of this, she doesn't think she would be able to get a recommend.  
      I know that they are faithful to each other, so chastity is not a current issue, but it got me to thinking - how would a bishop respond if such a young woman came in asking for a recommend, admitted that she lived with her husband before they married, but have now been married for a few years.  Would the issue of regret come up if she didn't bring it up?  What if it did and she said she didn't regret the choice?  I'm glad I am not a bishop. 😉  Of course, I know the mantle and the spirit are with bishops so they are fit for the task.
      So, is there any advice I could or should offer my son and DIL?  Should I not follow up on the conversation at all?  It's hard with adult kids to know where to draw the line between being a parent and giving them a wide enough birth to be free-agents and adults.  

• By Robert F. Smith
      Maria Kouloglou, “The New Inequality: The Decline of the Working Class Family,” Quillette, June 13, 2019, online at https://quillette.com/2019/06/13/the-new-inequality-the-decline-of-the-working-class-family/ ,
      Does this bode well for the future?
    • By Raymond Ellis
      Little children are precise and meek and trusting and curious, and they ask questions. We know King David as a teen was precise with his slingshot, killing a bear a lion and Goliath; he was precise because he loved God. His love of God also made him wise.
      Little children do not worship power: Zechariah 4:6: Not by might nor by power but by my spirit says the Lord -- not by the worship of might and the worship of power but by the worship of my Holy Spirit says the Lord.
      We also know God is precise from Hebrews 4:12: For the word of God is living and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing, to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, and the joints and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
      The worship of power is the cause of all sin and evil and pain and sorrow. Might is another form of power worship, a heavy and stubborn black spirit. The spirit of Power is not the sin but the worship of power is the sin because we should only worship the Holy Spirit.
      The worship of power enables Satan to get close to us. And we form a covenant with death and some of Satan's spirits because of the worship of power: Isaiah 28:15.
      Repent of the worship of power and seek the truth. The truth will set us free: John 8:31-36. We know from Alma that the word is like a seed that grows with faith -- when the seed becomes a large tree it casts out all evil and sets us free -- also the parable of the Mustard seed in Matthew.
      This board does not allow sermons or preaching.

• By DaddyRose
      Lets say your spouse was mentally ill, and left you alone to raise a large group of children. Your spouse left the family and got involved in a same-sex marriage.
      Later down the road, you convert to the LDS Church, you are ordained an elder, receive your endowment, and you have baptized and confirmed your pre-age 8 children.
      Lets say you are a member of little to no means, and raising your children alone has put a physical strain on you, and left you a shell of what you once were.
      You and your children have come to grips with the reality that you will die, and your children will never be sealed to you. You can always us the handy thread killer of "it will be handled on the other side", and indeed the thread/conversation is effectively closed. But what does that do for the here and now? If we are here to gain a testimony, experience, etc. before returning to Heavenly Father, is equating hopelessness with Faith all that there is to be gleaned from that persons failure in this life, to be with a forever family?
    • By JAHS
      Sorry that I bring up something that was posted in the Tribune but the letter writer brings up an interesting point. In it the Rev. Dr. John E. Day says:

"Well-meaning friends who are members of the LDS Church tried to convert me. When I was a child and a young adult, they tried to convert me away from my church and my family's church with no thought of what it would do to our family.
       From the time she (his daughter) was 8 years old, her friends and their families tried to convert her away from her church and her family's church with no thought to what it would do to our family. Mormon friends told her their father was an "agent of Satan." I suppose now her friends are glad they did not convert her, for now she would no longer be welcome (daughter is in a gay marriage now).The LDS Church is known for strong family values, yet it had no problem trying to split my family apart. " http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/3191391-155/letter-are-only-mormon-families-important I know what Jesus said about hating father and mother (Luke 14: 26) to follow him. But how can we say we support the family unit when we share the gospel with our friends, hoping they will leave the religion of their parents, thus causing contention within their family?  Edited to add: This NOT about the new church policy.