Seriously No Politics ×

Decision Made!

Stroopwafel

But then again, looking at how most Internet "conversations" tend to go, I'm sure one can understand why someone would want to stay away from such so as to avoid losing what's left of his/her hope of humanity.

Just say to yourself every time before you post a post "is this something I would say to my mom?"
You may have noticed (or will) that English isn't my first language
Very impressive so far. I always laugh at how apologetic nonAmericans are when English is not their native tongue when the vast majority of Americans are lucky if they can say hello in something besides English....and unfortunately I am one of them (though I can still read simple Spanish though lose more and more each year I am not using it and used to be able to follow with a dictionary simple French...it is amazing what you can pick up off of milk cartons ;).....and very simple Russian, my tongue and ear are totally inept and always have been).

Thankfully due to missionary work, it is a bit different for LDS.

Edited by calmoriah

Well, I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of years and I've finally decided to create an account. I am usually not a very active person on the Internet; I mostly read discussions rather than contribute to them, so I guess that is a big step! But then again, looking at how most Internet "conversations" tend to go, I'm sure one can understand why someone would want to stay away from such so as to avoid losing what's left of his/her hope of humanity.

In any case, I'm willing here to take a (big) risk, especially since reading you folks has always been interesting and there seems to be great people here. I don't know how much I'll be able to pitch in, but eventually, through the struggling of ideas, whatever they may be, I am sure it will be profitable. Let the dialectical process begin!!!

So now, a bit of a background. I'm a guy, born in the Church (in an hospital actually, but you understood that, and you've probably already heard that clever reply in the past... well, moving on...), active though questioning, heading up to his 30s, husband and father. You may have noticed (or will) that English isn't my first language, so some of my comments, phrasing/wording, and attempts at making "jokes" or "entertaining comments" may sometimes come across as a bit awkward, though I'm not sure it would be all that better in French.

Anyways, I hope that I can eventually add something positive to this community.

Cheers!

So far I am impressed...welcome.

"Stroopwafel" as your handle and you're French???

Must be that Canadian connection!

I was raised on stroopwafels and now feed them to my grandkids.

And I have a Canadian connection too.

Do you like salty licorice too ... especially the double zout?

Another Canuck ! I tell you we are taking over. Welcome !

Alright!

"Stroopwafel" as your handle and you're French???

Must be that Canadian connection!

I was raised on stroopwafels and now feed them to my grandkids.

And I have a Canadian connection too.

Do you like salty licorice too ... especially the double zout?

Not too fond of licorice actually. As far as my handle, well, an influence from my mission I guess. :)