Seriously No Politics ×

Just A Shark, Passing Through

Megalodon

Well, I've lurked here for a long time, and I guess i ought to come out of the woodwork and post sometimes, too.

I'd prefer not to get into telling too much about myself, but the essentials are:

• I'm long-time active LDS
  • Can qualify for senior discounts in some places
  • Am kind of scientific, though not professionally so
  • Live on the west coast of the US

I may not post very densely, but there's bound to be something I will have to say from time to time.

Well, I've lurked here for a long time, and I guess i ought to come out of the woodwork and post sometimes, too.

I'd prefer not to get into telling too much about myself, but the essentials are:

I may not post very densely, but there's bound to be something I will have to say from time to time.

Welcome. I am short time LDS. And, I too get senior discounts. Im mostly scientific.

I live on the West coast also.

As much as I detest that movie, the music is definitely necessary for dramatic effect.

In case anyone misses it, Megalodon is the largest shark which ever existed. The consensus is that could grow as long as 82 feet, which approaches but does not exceed the length of the blue whale.

But don't worry. I won't bite. Much.

As much as I detest that movie, the music is definitely necessary for dramatic effect.

In case anyone misses it, Megalodon is the largest shark which ever existed. The consensus is that could grow as long as 82 feet, which approaches but does not exceed the length of the blue whale.

But don't worry. I won't bite. Much.

I don't do gore movies so I've never seen it, but the music was great.

Hi! I live in the UK, can't get any senior discounts yet and haven't been a member all that long!

I don't like that movie either, too scary but the music is evocative!

Have you ever seen Shark Attack 3: Megalodon? It's so bad, its funny!

Welcome to the Glass Menagerie.

Long time convert.

I've lived long enough to get to read off of the Senior menu. That's if I remember where I put my glasses. :lol:

Professional scientist.

Southern California. Land of 4 Seasons. Fire, Flood, Earthquake, and Drought. ;)

Heterosexual.

Edited by thesometimesaint

Welcome to the Glass Menagerie.

I used to hate the way menagerie was used here. Now I quite fond of it as it is appropriate and applicable.

Long time convert.

You've been duped! :D

I've lived long enough to get to read off of the Senior menu. That's if I remember where I put my glasses. :lol:

This sounds like my grandfather except he usually starts cussing within seconds of realizing he doesn't know where they are.

Professional scientist.

The picture Volgadon posted in another thread about Hell's Library comes to mind.

Southern California. Land of 4 Seasons. Fire, Flood, Earthquake, and Drought. ;)

When I was younger and we would visit California, it seemed that there was always a minor earthquake. I got used to them. It was funny when my aunt's hall closet opened up and her vacuum came rolling out. I still laugh every time I see that in my mind.

Heterosexual.

Eh, nobody's perfect.

Welcome...

I'm older that almost everyone on this board... grew up in So Cal (San Bernardino), spent every available hour at the beach...

Active LDS...

Now widowed, retired, the proverbial old woman living with a pushy cat (Bob), in a cottage-by-the-sea on the beautiful central Oregon coast. Calif now breaks my heart.

I don't do gore movies so I've never seen it, but the music was great.

Actually, Cal, I think you'd like it... not too much gore. Funny how the music is so tied to that movie... da-dum... da-dum... unmistakeable...

*gasps audibly*

I did too...

Anyway Megalodon... welcome and will look for your posts.

GG

Welcome...

Actually, Cal, I think you'd like it... not too much gore.

It's not only the gore, it is the waiting for death to strike. I don't do high angst movies...which is why I avoid all teenage rite of passage movies along with all the horror and thriller ones. It is only the action movies like Bond that are so predictable in who is going to be killed, etc. and who don't draw out the death scene or gets all that involved with those that get killed that I can handle...but if I watch at home I will be up and out of my seat walking back and forth to deal with the increased tension, lol.

Was that a Finding Nemo reference?

No, no. That was a Jaws reference he made. Well, in a certain sense it was a Finding Nemo reference, but only indirectly.

You see, the Jaws shark, did not have a name in the movie itself, but the mechanical prop shark(s) were nicknamed "Bruce" offscreen by the film crew. The Finding Nemo great white shark was named Bruce as an homage to the Jaws shark.

No, no. That was a Jaws reference he made. Well, in a certain sense it was a Finding Nemo reference, but only indirectly.

You see, the Jaws shark, did not have a name in the movie itself, but the mechanical prop shark(s) were nicknamed "Bruce" offscreen by the film crew. The Finding Nemo great white shark was named Bruce as an homage to the Jaws shark.

I think I knew that, now that I think about it. Thanks for the clarification haha

It's not only the gore, it is the waiting for death to strike. I don't do high angst movies...which is why I avoid all teenage rite of passage movies along with all the horror and thriller ones. It is only the action movies like Bond that are so predictable in who is going to be killed, etc. and who don't draw out the death scene or gets all that involved with those that get killed that I can handle...but if I watch at home I will be up and out of my seat walking back and forth to deal with the increased tension, lol.

I don't like the cut em up slice em up horror movies. But a good horror one that puts and keeps me on the edge of my seat is a true joy.

I am afraid I just don't like being startled, never have even as a kid. Never like rollercoasters, haunted houses, my brother jumping out at me. I like to be able to predict what is going to happen next, I guess....seeing and understanding how things develop is more entertaining to me than suspense, so yes I often read the end of books first. (I think it has to do in part with my neurological/movement disorder that I've had all my life which is made worse with tension...even the good kind.)

Edited by calmoriah