No one on earth but me may care, and candidly, I don't blog to attract notice: basically, I only do it so that my work will be on another server somewhere if-and-when my computer crashes ... :rofl: Any-whoo, since I haven't cared, to this point, who sees the blog and who doesn't, I was quite surprised to find that, not only has my blog been noticed, it has been reblogged (not to mention who reblogged it: I'm not even sure how they found it. I guess they did a search on the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., or something, and miraculously, my blog came up).

Here's the reblog: http://www.cslcivilrights.com/2013/01/25/1037/

And, since belated wishes are better than none, happy Martin Luther King Day everyone! :)

You make it sound as good as re-baptism.

:)

Heh! ;) I suppose it's no big deal ... certainly not that big ... but having people read my blog is one thing, having someone conclude that it's worth reading enough that they want to put it on their site, too is quite another. :)

Thank you for linking to your Blog.

Thanks. (I know there's a lot of stuff on there with which you'll disagree politically, but hopefully there's some stuff that you'll agree with theologically and socially. And as strongly as I hold certain opinions, I also try to adhere to the old adage that if two people are of exactly the same opinion on absolutely everything, one of them is unnecessary. I certainly don't think you're unnecessary.) :)

There is also the old adage that great minds think alike. ;)

I was in HS when Dr. King was assassinated. He'd long been my hero.

He was a flawed man, but he was a man for his time. I think the Lord has a way of placing certain people in certain places at certain times, so that they can do good both on the micro level and on the macro level. He was one of the latter.

P.S.: And remember, consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. While that statement usually refers to a single mind, perhaps it's also true of two or more minds. ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Five Solas
      [In this new creation all distinctions vanish.] There is no room for and there can be neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, [nor difference between nations whether alien] barbarians or Scythians [who are the most savage of all], nor slave or free man; but Christ is all and in all [everything and everywhere, to all men, without distinction of person].
      --Colossians 3:11, Amplified Bible
      I read the “Amplified” translation of the New Testament back when I was still LDS.  And the rendering of this passage has long stuck with me.  The words in []’s are the “amplifications” intended for greater context and understanding of the thought being communicated.  And they are sometimes quite beautifully composed, In this new creation all distinctions vanish.  I like to think about that. 
      Today is the day we honor Dr. King and his legacy.  It means as a practical matter, I’ll be spending the afternoon riding bikes with my kids, instead of them at school and me at work.  It also means they are sleeping in and I have a few minutes to enter my thoughts into the keyboard (while I fast walk on my treadmill).  But it’s also a moment for reflection.  If I want to see a direct result of King and his legacy, I find it in the attitude of my kids toward various persons of color.  Influenced as they are by so many things that were influenced by him, such as our public schools--and yes, even our churches.  And I will readily admit their attitudes are healthier than mine were at their age.
      I’m interested in folks' thoughts on Dr. King and his legacy here.  Once upon a time predominately LDS Utah held out against his holiday, and if memory serves was the very last state in our Union to recognize it.  Would that be a source of pride, embarrassment, or maybe just a shrug and a 'who cares'?  All thoughts welcome.   
      --Erik
      PS.  If you have Netflix, David Letterman’s recent interview with Barack Obama is well worth an hour (watched it with my wife after the kids were in bed last night).  And very much on the topic. 
    • By BCSpace
      For your consideration:
      The BoM verses against being punished for one's thoughts would seem to apply here. Based on the info provided, I predict the current SCOTUS composition will overturn this lower court decision as it should.
    • By RegularMormon
      So I'm back to blogging again should anyone care follow: http://5wheelies.blogspot.com/
      It's been a while with employment issues, had to step away but hope to keep up with the elections coming up, should be a fun and bumpy ride! Let me know if you blog too and we'll link!
      It's more of a fun, sarcastic regular mormon look on politics and LDS topics. Oh and maybe a few wise-cracks here and there on various headlines.

Or you can follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/5wheely