Seriously No Politics ×

Maklelan

I think his ambition is to get every degree Oxford offers, or something like that! ;) At last count, he had two (or at least, was working on the 2nd ... Slouch! :D

I was wondering where he's been. I miss his insight and I have loved learning from him. If Volgadon or Robert F. Smith were to go on hiatus like him...I think I would have a meltdown. I need me some Hebrew studies guys.

I just checked his blog, there has been some activity earlier this month, but one of the posts says he is working on his thesis.

I would.

I fear I am too old and too conservative as of late...to old for sure, after yesterday I feel like I had a kick me sign on my back.:) As for the guys mentioned I miss him as well as well as many others...after 6 years here I think I have worn out my welcome. I am just glad for the friends I made. I am not leaving unless forced, so I'll still hang around but doing more reading than posting. I tried sending you a PM yesterday, but your folder is full. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

I fear I am too old and too conservative as of late...to old for sure, after yesterday I feel like I had a kick me sign on my back. :) As for the guys mentioned I miss him as well as well as many others...after 6 years here I think I have worn out my welcome. I am just glad for the friends I made. I am not leaving unless forced, so I'll still hang around but doing more reading than posting. I tried sending you a PM yesterday, but your folder is full.

You've not worn out your welcome. You bring a soothing amount sensibility.

I fear I am too old and too conservative as of late...to old for sure, after yesterday I feel like I had a kick me sign on my back. :) As for the guys mentioned I miss him as well as well as many others...after 6 years here I think I have worn out my welcome. I am just glad for the friends I made. I am not leaving unless forced, so I'll still hang around but doing more reading than posting. I tried sending you a PM yesterday, but your folder is full.

Hmm, let me send you my email in a PM.

after yesterday I feel like I had a kick me sign on my back.

Perhaps the way you feel may have something to do with the time of year. Once January hits, all I want to do is crawl in bed and pull the covers up and just hibernate until spring when everyone starts smiling and having some fun again.

Perhaps the way you feel may have something to do with the time of year. Once January hits, all I want to do is crawl in bed and pull the covers up and just hibernate until spring when everyone starts smiling and having some fun again.

Same here!

A thread just for me? I'm flattered. By way of update, I was accepted last year to go back to Oxford for the DPhil, but they didn't end up offering me enough funding. I decided to take my time finishing my thesis so I would have more time for family and work. I'm waiting to here back about this year's apps (I'm kinda focused on Emory University this time), and I just started working full time for the church's translation division helping them out with Bible translation projects. I've been off the grid just because I've not had a lot of time to myself for quite some time. Let me know if you have any other questions!

A thread just for me? I'm flattered. By way of update, I was accepted last year to go back to Oxford for the DPhil, but they didn't end up offering me enough funding. I decided to take my time finishing my thesis so I would have more time for family and work. I'm waiting to here back about this year's apps (I'm kinda focused on Emory University this time), and I just started working full time for the church's translation division helping them out with Bible translation projects. I've been off the grid just because I've not had a lot of time to myself for quite some time. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sounds like you're involved in some kewl stuff! B:) Good on ya, Mate! Good luck with the thesis! :)