Un-Uttered Prayers Answered

EllenMaksoud

Hello EllenMaksoud....

Yes, Heavenly Father hears our prayers, spoken or unspoken... he also knows the desires of our heart... our righteous desires. I've had several similar experiences that have just filled me with joy... sometimes the blessings come so unexpectedly that we fail to recognize them unless we stop and remember...

I'm glad you had these experiences... when we bear testimony that our Heavenly Father knows and loves us personally, it's because we too have had unexpected blessings come to us in ah-ha moments.

GG

It is with trepedation that I mention this but of all places I can think of, this should be the safest.

Especially since I became involved with the LDS, something has been happening on a fairly regular basis that makes me feel happy and slightly hysterical. For a very long time I have felt quite sure that Heavenly Father existed, and that Jesus Christ is his son. I've never felt really sure how to define the Holy Spirit, but when (He, She?) talks to me, I am growning more sure that I need to listen.

So, in the last weeks, silly little things that make me giggle have been happening, and upon mediating on them, I feel quite silenced. These things may seem insignificant to most but to me it is clear that there is something going on that I can not ignore. Before Christmas, I was walking through the mall and passed a toy store. I saw a teddy bear, and secretly wanted one, but knew that someone as long of tooth as me having one would be quite silly. So, I just tucked that longing into a hidden place and forgot it. So, on Christmas day, I was sitting at a sister's house with her family, and we were watching a movie. She walked up to me and handed me a large Teddy Bear! Wallah !!! She could not have known. I said nothing to anyone, save to thank her profusely.

So, a few days ago, I was doing my visiting teaching and the sister I was talking with voiced her desire to see the Visitor's center. Well, being retired, I have some time, so I said, lets go. She went to get dressed and left me to play with the daughter of one of her roomates who is 4 years old. We played dolls and had a very nice bonding session. It was then that I began to miss my own children and grand children that I will likely never meet. Such a longing is hard to bear. As I mentioned before, when I went to church Sunday, I spent part of the morning substituting in Primary. As I finished, I realized that another un-spoken prayer had been answered.

Now that I look into the past almost two years, I realize that there have been perhaps dozens of other incidents like that. Prior to that, I think that I encountered unexpected kindness but never to the extent that it happens now.

I must say that such gentleness and care from Heavenly Father I am unaccustomed to. It is completely bemusing to me and I wonder if I can ever thank him enough?

I write many of my prayers in poetry...got to my link at bottom of page, look for all by William E Lee. Thankfully God has given me the ability to excise my demons through the written word, and to pray the same way. Take note of the poem, "My Name". Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Hello EllenMaksoud....

Yes, Heavenly Father hears our prayers, spoken or unspoken... he also knows the desires of our heart... our righteous desires. I've had several similar experiences that have just filled me with joy... sometimes the blessings come so unexpectedly that we fail to recognize them unless we stop and remember...

I'm glad you had these experiences... when we bear testimony that our Heavenly Father knows and loves us personally, it's because we too have had unexpected blessings come to us in ah-ha moments.

GG

It is wonderful; something I am unaccustomed to, and at times his care his the most powerful thing in my life.

I must say that such gentleness and care from Heavenly Father I am unaccustomed to. It is completely bemusing to me and I wonder if I can ever thank him enough?

Not enough to pay the price for the things he is doing for you, but enough for him to know how much those things mean to you.

Just keep extending feelings of gratitude to him for what he is doing for you and he'll just continue to give you a lot of good things.

I love the Teddy Bear story. She was inspired for sure! Throughout my life I've felt a sort of protection from my Lord, or God. I hope to never loose it entirely. And hopefully I'm not pushing whomever it is away with all my doubts. Thanks for your post and a reminder to keep Him close!

In my first "Incarnation" as a christian, I saw Heavenly Father as one who was just waiting to punish me. As Muslim, I saw Heavenly Father (Allah SWT) as one who was quick to bless but swift to punish, so it was a fear/joy thing. Now as Mormon I see Heavenly Father as the kind of doting Father I never had, but who will let me live the consequences of dumb or willful actions on my part. Years ago, when I was post christian, but not yet Muslim, I lived in the book of Job. I knew satan's accusation of Job well, so eventually decided that even though the fallen angel might bring me to death or close to it, I would not hate Heavenly Father. I felt that MY divorce and the loss of everything was my fault and I could not blame Heavenly Father for it and in addition, Heavenly Father is my creator, so he has the right to bless or torment me as he desires. There could be no pride or haughtyness before Heavenly father. I still feel that way. Perhaps it was wanted before he would send me to the missionaries.

Edited by EllenMaksoud

That sounds fairly familiar.....I think the longer I go the more I see and understand and am taught again that God truly is love

Thanks for sharing those sweet moments!

With luv,

BD