Seriously No Politics ×

Lds Women Wearing Pants To Church

why me

I would think wearing pants would be warmer and more modest than a skirt, especially in places with colder weather temperatures.

As a man, I get real tired of wearing a suit and necktie every Sunday to church. It gets really tight and uncomfortable. So these women should be grateful. Imagine the uproar we would see if all the men suddenly decided to stop wearing suits and white shirts and ties!

I would think wearing pants would be warmer and more modest than a skirt, especially in places with colder weather temperatures.

Depends on the skirt. Long skirts can actually be warmer, especially if they are full or made of a heavy fabric.

I would like to wear pants in places where during winter roads and sidewalks aren't all that clean. When one has to go up and down steps or walk in dirty places, long skirts tend to pick up dirt more than pants as they can drag along the ground as one moves up and down and over and around.

Pants generally allow one to be more mobile, so if one has to travel by bus and/or train/metro and walk some distance, pants are the more comfortable option imo.

When do you submit your mission papers?

It'll be after next semester. The dating isn't serious or anything... it's more like a strong friendship, actually. Then again, I could totally see myself seriously dating her once I come back from my mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the skirt. Long skirts can actually be warmer, especially if they are full or made of a heavy fabric.

I would like to wear pants in places where during winter roads and sidewalks aren't all that clean. When one has to go up and down steps or walk in dirty places, long skirts tend to pick up dirt more than pants as they can drag along the ground as one moves up and down and over and around.

Pants generally allow one to be more mobile, so if one has to travel by bus and/or train/metro and walk some distance, pants are the more comfortable option imo.

I always "assumed" you were male so I was a little shocked at first when you started talking about how warm longer skirts on etc. :)

I am a practical kind of person, but I don't think I am so practical that if I were male, I would be comfortable in long skirts even if they were warmer, except in places in the world where they are the norm. When it comes to clothing, I prefer to blend into the background, a remnant of my shy childhood, probably (and my mother, dear person that she is, was always buying me dramatic statements because she is an artist and goes for what looks good and is well made, not invisible).

You are not the first to think I was male so no big deal :), I've been called a man even in real life due to wearing my dad's winter coat (granted it was from the back, no one is going to think I am male from the front view.)

Archived