Seriously No Politics ×

For Those Who Remember My Son...

Traela

Some of you may remember that my son had a bone marrow transplant almost four years ago, due to a genetic disorder (Fanconi anemia). Well, it eventually failed. He got a bad infection while waiting for a second transplant, and died on Saturday after almost 4 weeks in the ICU.

We're doing ok, we take great comfort in the Gospel. We just miss our boy, and dread the possibility of the same thing happening to the two of his sisters who have the same disorder.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Deepest condolences. May you continue to take comfort in the principle of Eternal Families specifically and in the Gospel of Jesus Christ generally. I am not a parent period, let alone a parent of a child (or thee) with that kind of disorder, so I don't know whereof I speak. Still, please do your best to not allow any worries over what might happen in the future (or not) to rob you of future happiness with your children who remain.

All best wishes. :)

Thank you for sharing your loss with us Traela. God bless you and your family. With four grown and healthy children, I am sorry for you. But without your pain, I wish I had an eye of tenderness and a heart of compassion with a knowledge of what you have been through. Some day a long time from now, maybe you'll be an instrument of God's consolation to someone like you. I don't believe suffering is meaningless, and I hope you find meaning and wisdom after the hurting subsides a little.

Take care,

3DOP

Some of you may remember that my son had a bone marrow transplant almost four years ago, due to a genetic disorder (Fanconi anemia). Well, it eventually failed. He got a bad infection while waiting for a second transplant, and died on Saturday after almost 4 weeks in the ICU.

We're doing ok, we take great comfort in the Gospel. We just miss our boy, and dread the possibility of the same thing happening to the two of his sisters who have the same disorder.

My sincere and strongest condoleces, Traela.

The joy of the resurrection is that now parent will ever bury a child again...may God bless you with a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Sorry to hear of your loss, and very best to you and your family.

I hope these words help in some small way, I wrote this for a friend who lost their son...

Thy Wondrous Plan

Hear me Father as I cry,

Once again the question; Why!

Hold in thine my trembling hand

As now I seek to understand.

My once secure and sound belief

Now shaken in this hour of grief,

Hide not Thy face, on yonder throne,

Draw near and leave me not alone.

From this darkness set me free,

With mortal eyes that cannot see.

A smaller part of a greater plan,

Known to Thee, believed by man.

Love now expressed in solemn grief

Through tears we seek to find relief.

Oh my Father, hear me pray;

Why this child, why this day?

In whispered voice we seek to bless,

This precious child, now at rest.

Who more than us now understands

The mysteries of Thy wondrous plan.

At times we struggle to believe

As questions come when we must grieve.

All we think, we do now know

Life teaches that we've far to go.

A still small voice, I now can hear

"Cheer up your heart and do not fear,

Hold in thine hand, the iron rod

Be still and know that, I AM God".

A child has brought me to this place,

Where love and faith, my tears erase.

Known to Thee, now known to man

The mysteries of, Thy wondrous plan.

Dedicated too...

Brett Thomas Clark

September 20, 1981

March 10, 1995

William E Lee

Copyright 1996

While at the hospital, I was asked by his parents to bless home shortly after being pronounced dead. I struggled with this death and wondered why I did not have the faith to call him back by the power of the Priesthood. After much prayer and tears...the above poem was the answer to my prayers.

I had to type this on an IPad so forgive any errors...Again my God bless you and give unto you the grace to overcome this heartache.