Seriously No Politics ×

Food Mary, Joseph And Jesus Would Have Eaten

rpn

What modern foods would Jesus' family have eaten when He was on the earth during the meridian of time. I get fish (though I don't know whether the kind of fish is available locally today), grapes, figs, and unleaven bread (though I don't know what unleaven bread is in modern world). I'm looking for easy simple meal.

Any of you studied ancient history enough to have some ideas?

What modern foods would Jesus' family have eaten when He was on the earth during the meridian of time. I get fish (though I don't know whether the kind of fish is available locally today), grapes, figs, and unleaven bread (though I don't know what unleaven bread is in modern world). I'm looking for easy simple meal.

Any of you studied ancient history enough to have some ideas?

Yes.

Burgul; lentils; chickpeas; black-eyed peas; various kinds of bread; dried fruits; some sort of soft, sour cheese like labeneh; olive oil; hyssop; poultry; lamb; onions; pomegranates; various wild greens, these are just what I remember from the top of my head.

Yes.

Burgul; lentils; chickpeas; black-eyed peas; various kinds of bread; dried fruits; some sort of soft, sour cheese like labeneh; olive oil; hyssop; poultry; lamb; onions; pomegranates; various wild greens, these are just what I remember from the top of my head.

And dates (or would they have been among the dried fruits?)

GG

I am so glad he made them clean...I could eat my weight in bacon...food of the gods! :)

In one sitting? :huh::unsure: I hope not! ;)

Thank you. We've decided to serve a light supper this year before our family (and friends and sometimes homeless people) Christmas Eve reader's theater, and want to serve what they would have eaten.

Let me know if you need any recipes.