Seriously No Politics ×

Mission Call Reactions

halconero

can you imagine serving with him?! pass! to be total judgemental and all. One of my best friends served there!

If this is typical behaviour, he would drive me insane quite quickly. Not so much being judgmental, just knowing incompatibility when I see it. And my nature is incompatible with his display. Edited by calmoriah

If this is typical behaviour, he would drive me insane quite quickly. Not so much being judgmental, just knowing incompatibility when I see it. And my nature is incompatible with his display.

if he was my comp. day one would be getting a sticker that says, think before you speak!! if you break anything from jumping then too bad so sad- if it gets worse just say are you certified yet? no, then I don't want to hear from you! haha! not really...maybe

I have a puppy like him,lots of enthusiasm,and energy and MOUTH.

One of my nephews who I adore is much like him, older now so a bit more controlled. I love him dearly and enjoy being around him, but when it comes time for him to leave, I do utter a small 'thank you'.

I love watching videos of Mission Call reactions on YouTube. I saw my first one a few months ago at about 11.30pm, just before I was about to go to sleep. It was so spiritually moving that I went looking for another, then another, and about three hours later I was still watching them :D

It's probably because I didn't go on a mission, and with my health the way it is I doubt I'll ever be able to go on one, so it was great to see the joy in their faces when they found out where they were going.

Question for halconero, Blackstrap and Bluebell and any others, did you train a new missionary? I had 20 companions and trained 5 times. Incidentally one of my new missionaries was an Elder Green from Philly! What is more is served with an Elder Greener! ha!

Edited by Duncan

I trained once-my greenie was actually the one who killed me!

But it was rare for a sister to get to train in my mission. We had hardly any coming in and sometimes none. And there were two sisters who were really good at it and were usually given the opportunity. I only got to train because the sister that originally had her had some mental health issues and could not handle the stress (which was a lot, because of the particular area where she was serving) and went home after training for three days. I had been the trainer's companion before she trained, and so when she left they just transfered me back up to my old area to take over.

I trained once-my greenie was actually the one who killed me!

But it was rare for a sister to get to train in my mission. We had hardly any coming in and sometimes none. And there were two sisters who were really good at it and were usually given the opportunity. I only got to train because the sister that originally had her had some mental health issues and could not handle the stress (which was a lot, because of the particular area where she was serving) and went home after training for three days. I had been the trainer's companion before she trained, and so when she left they just transfered me back up to my old area to take over.

did your greenie know you were going home? My trainer kept it a secret from me! What was so bad about the area that was so distressing? that must have been hard for the new missionary!

did your greenie know you were going home? My trainer kept it a secret from me! What was so bad about the area that was so distressing? that must have been hard for the new missionary!

The bishop and mission leader in the area were convinced that we were horrible missionaries and that made it very hard. They did not understand the mission rules that we had (wanted us to follow their rules) and were geniuses at jumping to their own worst conclusions (for example, we were late to church one sunday by about 15 minutes-they instantly assumed it was because we slept in and were lazy and never bothered to even ask us why. If they had, they would have found out that we were actually up at 5 that morning so that we could drive and hour and a half to be with a less active sister who's husband had recently been murdered).

The bishop especially didn't like us-he didn't allow us to meet with him personally, we had to do everything through the mission leader. He never had us over for dinner and i don't ever remember actually personally speaking to him.

It was a big mess. Our mission president stood behind us 100% (it was actually my best area-there five months and had two baptisms, which was really good for our mission) and we had no issues with most of the members, but it was still very demoralizing. Both my comp and i were seasoning missionaries so we could weather the storm but she was terrified of being left there without me and having to face everything on her own with a green missionary. She had already been home once during her mission for mental health issues and had only been back a couple of months. I think our President wanted to help her to see her own potential but she just couldn't take it.

I was ony there one more month with my greenie and then we were whitewashed out of the area and they brought in two new elders. I'm sure they were the answers to the ward's prayers and that we are still thought of as horrible missionaries there, but there's nothing that can be done about that so oh well. :pardon:

And yes, my greenie knew i was going home in two months.

The bishop and mission leader in the area were convinced that we were horrible missionaries and that made it very hard. They did not understand the mission rules that we had (wanted us to follow their rules) and were geniuses at jumping to their own worst conclusions (for example, we were late to church one sunday by about 15 minutes-they instantly assumed it was because we slept in and were lazy and never bothered to even ask us why. If they had, they would have found out that we were actually up at 5 that morning so that we could drive and hour and a half to be with a less active sister who's husband had recently been murdered).

The bishop especially didn't like us-he didn't allow us to meet with him personally, we had to do everything through the mission leader. He never had us over for dinner and i don't ever remember actually personally speaking to him.

It was a big mess. Our mission president stood behind us 100% (it was actually my best area-there five months and had two baptisms, which was really good for our mission) and we had no issues with most of the members, but it was still very demoralizing. Both my comp and i were seasoning missionaries so we could weather the storm but she was terrified of being left there without me and having to face everything on her own with a green missionary. She had already been home once during her mission for mental health issues and had only been back a couple of months. I think our President wanted to help her to see her own potential but she just couldn't take it.

I was ony there one more month with my greenie and then we were whitewashed out of the area and they brought in two new elders. I'm sure they were the answers to the ward's prayers and that we are still thought of as horrible missionaries there, but there's nothing that can be done about that so oh well. :pardon:

And yes, my greenie knew i was going home in two months.

wow!!! murdered? yikes! This is stuff that they don't tell you about at the MTC! or maybe if they did everyone would run for it! I was a mission babysitter and also a ward restorer or good faith with actually bad missionaries i.e swimming with members, going outside mission boundaries with a member to get tattoos, horrible baptisms like 7 yr olds, stuff like that or just plain old we don't want to do missionary work so don't bother us . Fond memories

[media=]

This one is a hilarious one. Jordan Wheeler was set up by his buddy. Be sure to read at the end, what his "fake" letter said. My son had a companion that was a pokemon collector during his mission. Not that anything is wrong with it, but the youtube reminded me of it.

Edited by Tacenda

I've never witnessed someone opening their mission call and I was unaware of the mass amount of YouTube videos about such an event. This guy made me uncomfortable...couldn't he have been sent to like Cambodia or Indonesia or the Yukon Territory or maybe Siberia?

At least with the Yukon Territory, he'll be close to Duncan.

Edited by Valentinus