Seriously No Politics ×

Apostle Quentin L. Cook

Anakin7

Apostle Quentin L. Cook came to our Stake this past weekend for our Stake Conference. I got to say hello to him shake his hand. I told him that I have serve as a ward Missionary and he said to me to keep up the good work. In his address to our new converts and those returning to church he stated that The Atonement Of Jesus Christ not only ressurects and pays for our sins but that it also covers any and all of life's disappointments and sufferings both personel and non personel as well . Awesome !.

In His Eternal Debt/Grace

Anakin7

LDS JEDI KNIGHT

Our stake hasn't had an apostle in 8 years! but given the growth of the Church, it isn't suprising. Our next stake conference is at the end of April and with a General Authority so maybe...and maybe they'll anoounce something connected to the Temple!!!

Our stake hasn't had an apostle in 8 years! but given the growth of the Church, it isn't suprising. Our next stake conference is at the end of April and with a General Authority so maybe...and maybe they'll anoounce something connected to the Temple!!!

Our Stake last Apostle was James Faust in 1981

Edited by Anakin7

Brother Cook was my bishop in Burlingame, California when I was a child. My mom, who had come to this country from France to marry my dad, had not been able to return home to see her family. We were dead broke. Hearing of this, bishop Cook "found" a way to get the money to buy her a ticket home. I don't know if it was ward money, if he solicited funds from others, or if he paid it himself. No matter the means, it was a gesture that meant a lot to me and showed me a very early example of true Christian kindness.

I like him! :-)

Brother Cook was my bishop in Burlingame, California when I was a child. My mom, who had come to this country from France to marry my dad, had not been able to return home to see her family. We were dead broke. Hearing of this, bishop Cook "found" a way to get the money to buy her a ticket home. I don't know if it was ward money, if he solicited funds from others, or if he paid it himself. No matter the means, it was a gesture that meant a lot to me and showed me a very early example of true Christian kindness.

I like him! :-)

that is good stuff!!!!

I like the idea of the Atonement working in our lives 'right now' I have always been under the idea that it wouldn't apply until after we are dead. Had a great Stake Conference talk about it recently, which really opened my eyes into making it active NOW.