I thought some here might enjoy this:

305958_385107261565562_1307552049_n.jpg

I don't know how much of this comes from ancient Egyptian religion. #38, at least, seems to be in the language of modern Wicca. But I think the concepts are at least worthy of consideration.

# 39 If you say you are,are you ?

I think it's an ideal to strive for, rather than a claim that you have achieved it. When working on these things, you focus on already having or being whatever your goal is. If you focus on wanting it, what you get is a greater desire for it.
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By DragonLancer
      http://egyptianalphabetandgrammar.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sensen-papyrus-and-hypocephalus-as.html

The hypothesis:  Ancient constrained writing experiments with freedom and arbitrariness, and perhaps randomness in composition, yet being tied down with form and rules, led to the association of the story of the Book of Abraham with the Sensen Papyrus, being one of the popular usages of it at the time.  This is an analog to the games of Senet and Mehen, being "board games" with randomness.  Some ancient constrained writing and word puzzles were aleatoric in nature, which is probably one principle that is a basis of iconotropy in symbolism.
    • By Olavarria
      Pre-Game
      1)To understand this post you must read the following: The Book of Mormon as a Modern Expansion of an Ancient Source
      2)The Hor Document of Fellowship
      3)"A New Look at the ʿnḫ p3 by Formula" by John Gee. I can email you a copy, if you are nice to me:)
      4)Understand that I will not divulge any content of the LDS Endowment ritual. I would hope everyone would be respectful and do the same.
      5)Understand that I am agnostic on the BoA translation issues. The following post assumes that the critics are right ie that the BoA represents an attempt to translate the Hor Document of Fellowship and is still divinely inspired, GASP!!.
      Let the games begin
      Ever wonder why the Book of Abraham, as we have it, ends the way it does, where it does? Since we don't have the parts that mention Olimlah, Shulem and Prince of Pharaoh, ever wonder what the rest of it contains? I think that the missing/untranslated portions of the Book of Abraham may contain a version of an endowment. The HDoF is an ancient Egyptian endowment and the BoA may just be a Modern Expansion of that document, that is true to Abraham's actual autobiography.
      Facsimile 1

"[The Osiris, God’s father, ] priest of Amon-Re, king of the gods, priest of Min, who massacres his enemies,1 priest of Khonsu, who is powerful in Thebes.2 (2) . . . Hôr, justified, the son of one of like titles,3 master of the secrets, god’s priest, Usirwer, justified, [born of the house wife, the musician (3) of Amon-Re,] Taykhebyt. May your soul live in their midst. May you be buried at the head of the West. . . . (4) . . . . . . . (5) May you give to him beautiful and useful things on the west [of Thebes] like the mountains of Manu."
      Of interest to me is the reference to "Min, who massacres his enemies" John Gee reminds us that

Maybe the lioncouch scene combined the job Hor did in life, combined to form as a catalyst for Abraham's own sacrifice in the Book of Abraham? That's neither here nor there; on to the fun stuff.
      Facsimile 3

What we have here is a scene depicting the now deified Egyptian priest, Osiris-Hor being led into the presence of of the gods to live forever in a company with the gods.
      (Osiris)Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh’s throne, by the politeness of the king, with a crown upon his head, representing the Priesthood, as emblematical of the grand Presidency in Heaven; with the scepter of justice and judgment in his hand.
      (Isis)King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.
      (offering table)Signifies Abraham in Egypt.
      (Maat)Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.
      (Osiris-Hor)Shulem, one of the king’s principal waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand.
      (Anubis)Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.

Shulem/Osiris-Hor: The Missing Link
      Shulem sounds alot like the "ladder" mentioned in Genesis 28:12-19. Is this an example of a pun? Does the missing/untranslated portion of Abraham depict Abraham initiating Shulem into the true priesthood? Who knows? But if so, it would explain the relationship between the Book of Abraham and the papyri.