Seriously No Politics ×

Helping Out With Sandy

Calm

Thousands of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints continue to volunteer to assist in the recovery efforts within these communities. On Sunday, November 11th, thousands of Mormons cancelled their church services and arrived by air, bus and train from all across the country to help.

Please share this video with any friends and family that might be able to help the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy. Not only at the Rockaways, but Staten Island, Long Island, and New Jersey. The church is coordinating the efforts, but anyone (both Mormon and non Mormon) is welcome to come and help.

For more information about this and other ongoing efforts please visit:

facebook.com/groups/mormonhelpinghandsnyc/

lds.org/topics/humanitarian-service/helping-hands

mormon.org

Thousands of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints continue to volunteer to assist in the recovery efforts within these communities. On Sunday, November 11th, thousands of Mormons cancelled their church services and arrived by air, bus and train from all across the country to help.

Please share this video with any friends and family that might be able to help tEhe areas affected by Hurricane Sandy. Not only at the Rockaways, but Staten Island, Long Island, and New Jersey. The church is coordinating the efforts, but anyone (both Mormon and non Mormon) is welcome to come and help.

For more information about this and other ongoing efforts please visit:

facebook.com/groups/mormonhelpinghandsnyc/

lds.org/topics/humanitarian-service/helping-hands

mormon.org

if I were healthy enough I could help with electrical work and inspections, but Union rules will not allow it. I helped with Katrina.

I'm in this video! We're heading out there again this weekend (a group also went Monday and today), Family Wards on Sat, YSA Wards on Sunday (we hold a joint, abbreviated Sacrament Meeting before leaving on Sunday). What an experience, so glad we're able to help out, I've never done anything like this before.

Wonderful. Thank you to you and all of those by your side who are willing to make this sacrifice with such a sense that it is not really a sacrifice at all. I don't think we in the Church could ask for better representatives of our faith.

There is such a feeling of helplessness when seeing this kind of devestation and need. In so many places so little can actually be done. That someone is doing something in this case and that someone has a connection with me through the Church really helps give a sense that we are not so helpless at all, that things can be done and be made better. A great encouragement to look for other ways to help if we are not the ones able to be on the ground.

Wonderful. Thank you to you and all of those by your side who are willing to make this sacrifice with such a sense that it is not really a sacrifice at all. I don't think we in the Church could ask for better representatives of our faith.

There is such a feeling of helplessness when seeing this kind of devestation and need. In so many places so little can actually be done. That someone is doing something in this case and that someone has a connection with me through the Church really helps give a sense that we are not so helpless at all, that things can be done and be made better. A great encouragement to look for other ways to help if we are not the ones able to be on the ground.

Definitely. I'm glad to be a part of this! It's amazing to me to see so many other young people out serving on a Sunday. I'm also glad that there are other organizations and individuals out there helping too, showing that we're all united when it comes to helping our neighbors. Any help is welcomed and needed.

Kind of reminds me of when my town here in Utah this past year, had high wind gusts and took down humongus pine trees, tore off shingles, blew off roofs & siding and blew over many fences. The Sunday following, several areas cancelled their LDS services in church. And we were told to go help our neighbors instead, on clean up. So many trees were lain strewn along with other debri. So it was quite the scene to see driving down the street, truck after truck loaded down full of debri that had to be unloaded at one or two designated spots in the towns.

One man that was somewhat anti mormon had tears streaming down his face at the sight of so many helping in his yard.

Later when the federal agencies came out to assess the damage for clean up, they were amazed and bewildered at the debri not still being there from the storm, thus making it so hardly, if any, federal funds were needed for the disaster area.

Archived