Seriously No Politics ×

Question For Mormans

eishiba

If your not strong in your belief and are easily swayed, then please do not read this. I don't want to be responsible for causing you to sway or doubt as I do. I am actually from the Christian world but I have a hard time beliving in anything really. I believe there is a God and Jesus but I wanted some insight from the Morman perspective. I will not critisize anything you say, I just want opinions. I may ask for more explaintions or questions but I won't sit there and say, "your wrong." Ill try to explain this as best I can. Do you think Mormans will be the only ones going to heaven? (in general) Yes? No? Why? Why not? Anything?

No!

Because, according to JS, "there are many... who are kept away from the truth because they know not were to find it...", also in another place he said; "God is mindful of all of His children, and knows their conditions".

Even today, no church leader (that I know) teaches otherwise.

If your not strong in your belief and are easily swayed, then please do not read this. I don't want to be responsible for causing you to sway or doubt as I do. I am actually from the Christian world but I have a hard time beliving in anything really. I believe there is a God and Jesus but I wanted some insight from the Morman perspective. I will not critisize anything you say, I just want opinions. I may ask for more explaintions or questions but I won't sit there and say, "your wrong." Ill try to explain this as best I can. Do you think Mormans will be the only ones going to heaven? (in general) Yes? No? Why? Why not? Anything?

I think the links provided will give ample response to your question should you take the time to read them. Briefly, The Church of Jesus Christ teaches that all have an opportunity to enter into Exaltation. We believe that every person that has ever lived will have the topportunity in this life or the next to receive the ordinances of Exaltation i.e. baptism, confirmation, temple ordinanes etc. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is for all wtihout exception; it is not just for Christians. In other words, there are so many who have lived upon the earth that never had the opportunity to hear about the Savior and they will still have an opportunity for Exaltation through the Grace of the Atonement. They will be judged upon the light and knowledge they were given just as we all will be.

http://www.mormontop...CFYp_Qgodu0gAAg

The first link mentioned the part on hell and says:

"Mormons do not believe in hell as a physical place of punishment and torment. We do not believe that a just God would inflict physical pain and torture on His children. Rather, hell is a mental state in the next life where those who have knowingly rejected Jesus Christ and lived lives of selfishness and wickedness will have a perfect recollection of their guilt. Only when they have paid the appropriate price will they be given a due place in God’s kingdom."

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I just want better understanding. Mormans believe in the Bible right? If not correct me. But if Mormans don't believe in hell, then what is the Bible refering to when it talks about the Lake of Fire and such?

Depart from me, you accursed, into that eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Mt 25:41)

For more detail:

http://www.lds.org/m...-world?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/m...dgment?lang=eng

http://www.lds.org/m...tation?lang=eng

I read all three of the other links. I wont lie, it makes alot more sense than the Bible. Except where it says Word, Works, and Thoughts are used to judge. What about Galatians 2:16?

of mattews

What did Jesus teach about Hell?

Jesus taught much about Hell. He did so out of love--to warn us not to reject Him which would result in us going to Hell for eternity.

Jesus told the story of a rich man and a poor man, and the rich man ended up in Hell, describing it as a place of torment (Luke 16:22-28). The rich man actually cried out in Hell: ". . .I am tormented in this flame" (Luke 16:24).

Read the story of the rich man here.

Below are more Scriptures taken from the New Testament (and mostly from the Gospels) on what Jesus said about Hell.

"The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father" (Matthew 13:41-43).

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats . . . And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life" (Matthew 25:31-46)?

Read the above Scripture in its context here.

Jesus taught that Hell is a place of torment and fire as these Scriptures reveal:

The man in Luke 16:24 cries: ". . .I am tormented in this flame."

In Matthew 13:42, Jesus says: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

In Matthew 25:41, Jesus says: "Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire . . ."

In Mark 9:46, Jesus speaks about Hell: "Where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched."

Revelation 20:15 says, "And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Here is another related link.

It is very important that we take Hell seriously. More important still is that we choose to go to Heaven (and not Hell) by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior. There is no other way. He is the way to Heaven - and He died on the cross so that we wouldn`t have to go to Hell.

this is not my words but one of my good firends tought me about this

so you guys believe that God could not come to people in other countrys and make him self known to them just like aberham

No, there is no reason why he couldn't do that. We believe Christ visited the Americas after his resurrection in fact. Edited by calmoriah

We believe that we existed as spirits with Heavenly Parents before we came to earth. We needed to come here to get a body and learn to use it in submission to God's will, because we had gone as far as we could go without it. So that means every person on earth is our actual spiritual sibling and ALL of us are beloved children of God, whose plan intends for all of us to return to Him.

While we do believe that everyone must at some point accept Jesus as their Savior and receive the ordinances required, we also believe that everyone who has ever lived WILL be given that fully opportunity to do so. So there are no exclusions because we didn't live in a right place, or because our lives experiences shut our our ability to conceive of the love of God, or because we died in wretched poverty, or because the traditions of our fathers meant we were born in circumstances where we really didn't have real choice, or any other of a host of reasons we may not have had a full opportunity to accept the Gospel plan.

We also believe in universal salvation, defined as resurrection of our bodies. That is what Jesus' resurrection gave everyone. Exaltation requires more.

And we also believe that for those who do not ultimately accept Jesus as their Savior and join His church, accepting required saving ordinances, will nevertheless have great glory in the life after this, more than they can conceive of here. We do not believe in the traditional concept of a Christian Hell, though we do not dispute that we consider these places LESS than what we were created to be and become.

We believe that everything that is good cometh from God.

So I guess in a way we don't believe that everyone has to join our church, because some will join after death when "the Church" is not expected to practically be exactly like the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the programs, manner of governance, or ways we worship. But the doctrine, and ordinances (which have to be performed on earth which is why we do them in proxy for those who have died), and plan will be the same.

Do you think Mormans will be the only ones going to heaven?

On the contrary, we believe Mormons (those that have denied the Holy Ghost) are the only ones that will be going to hell. Mormon doctrine teaches that all others will be saved to a degree of glory. It is the most merciful Christian view of salvation and the eternities that I have ever come across. All other Christian sects, that I am aware of, teach that those that die without baptism, including children, muslims, buddhists, you know...the majority of the population of the Earth will burn in hell for eternity. Mormonism believes that all of these people will be given equal opportunity.

I guess the reason I ask this question is because there are so many different beliefs. Whats the chance you have the right one? So I decided to look into other beliefs. It just doesn't seem likely that you will go to heaven because all life is saying is "pick one of the many ships and hope its the one that stays standing". Makes you question if the holy spirit really exsists. Atleast to me it does.

deleted...

All other Christian sects, that I am aware of, teach that those that die without baptism, including children, muslims, buddhists, you know...the majority of the population of the Earth will burn in hell for eternity.

Actually that's not quite true. Many Christian sects teach that baptism is not necessary for salvation.

I guess the reason I ask this question is because there are so many different beliefs. Whats the chance you have the right one? So I decided to look into other beliefs. It just doesn't seem likely that you will go to heaven because all life is saying is "pick one of the many ships and hope its the one that stays standing". Makes you question if the holy spirit really exsists. Atleast to me it does.

You're in luck according to LDS Theology everyone will be judged by what they did with what they believe. Further everyone will have ample opportunity to fully hear, understand, and accept or reject the Restored Gospel whether in this life or the next.

Do you think Mormans will be the only ones going to heaven? (in general) Yes? No? Why? Why not? Anything?

Yes, under the following conditions:

1. If "Mormon" means anyone anywhere from any time period on this earth who has, in the Lord's gracious and merciful judgement, kept all the covenants of Christ, either/or/and in this life or the next; and

2. "Heaven" means exaltation.

No under the following conditions:

1. That anyone not a "Mormon" at this moment in time, will, in the Lord's gracious and merciful judgement and in His due time, keep all the covenants of Christ, either/or/and in this life or the next; and/or

2. "Heaven" means any degree of glory in the resurrection.