Seriously No Politics ×

Need Help With Perspective

I'm 65, so I won't last that long, besides I know that Heavenly Father loves me. I am concerned about those who will follow, and wonder if I have done all the Lord wanted of me?

All this strife in the world about oil, and come to find out that in 1978 the CIA estimated that the world supply of oil would last 60-90 years. Yes people, the Earth is not a big balloon full of oil. With that little time left, it just bothers me that we all have not stopped fighting and instead are involved in feverish research on how to do with out it, and trying to learn ways to be nicer to the Earth.

Some people spend a lot of time talking about the End Times, but I don't see a lot of people trying to act more sane in view of the circumstances. It's puzzling really. I'm not worried about the outcome, but you'd think that a lot of other people would be thinking about eternity.

I have to think that when the earth was created it was created with enough to support it until its purpose is fulfilled. As the price of oil goes up, it becomes economically feasible to use new methods of extraction. And there have in recent years been significant finds of natural gas and improved methods of extracting it. For me, I am content that if I practice conservation and urge the same, it will all work out. (I am working on solar for my home.)

Apres mois, le deluge. Who says that has to be your perspective? You set the example, someone will follow.

However, threads with titles like "Jews are not my favourite people," are very disappointing.

Edited by volgadon

I would not trust the CIA estimation skills very far. They don't have a good track record. The Lord has said " ..there is enough and to spare.." Distribution is usually the problem,not supply.

well the stone age didn't go away because they ran out of stones, they found new and better ways of doing things.

Edited by Duncan

Those who think about eternity are those who ponder petroleum products???

Apres mois, le deluge. Who says that has to be your perspective? You set the example, someone will follow.

However, threads with titles like "Jews are not my favourite people," are very disappointing.

Well, you are right. I could have worded that better. I am sorry. Had I thought about it more , I would have used different wording. Please accept my apology. The whole Middle East thing associated with the Jews is just something that passes my understanding. The Muslims say they believe in the old books (Meaning the Torah and Pentatuch) but they don't accept Heavenly Father's giving of Israel to the Jews. On the other hand, where does one find a middle ground because the killing just goes on and on.

Oh, I know the evangelical line on it all but that does not mean that I like it or accept it. As far as I am concerned, enough endless discussions and pontificating, we need to start pleasing Heavenly Father. The very idea that because one slave has a baby and that baby would be the beginning of hardship that has lasted how many thousand years just seems well, wrong.

Just for your info EllenM , go to www.ercb.ca and look up Alberta and see just how much energy is available in a bit less than 1/2 of 1% of the earth's land mass.Unfortunately you must be immune to the " my, this is boring stuff " bug in order to absorb it all.LOL

I have severe asthma and COPD. Just because we CAN dig it up and burn it does not mean we should. Sometimes I get really dizzy and feel like I am gonna pass out, just from doing normal things. It is like slow suicide.

deleted...not nice.

3DOP

Edited by 3DOP

In total agreement...that was one of the most unfortunate threads I have ever seen. This thread concerns me.