Seriously No Politics ×

Harry Reid 2016

tyler90az

I don't have a problem with Reid, but I don't see this happening. And I say there is a zero chance of Reid carrying Utah as long as there is a "D" next to his name. A lot of Mormons seem to harbor unfavorable views about him - almost as though he is some sort of apostate or something.

When Bro. Holland gave a talk at Harvard he said they were friends. If I remember right he even said they were good friends. He also said Harry Reid never listened to them(the 15). Go listen to the Q&A part of the Harvard talk.

Start at the 30 minute mark

Listen to the whole talk it is a great one. One of the more persuasive arguments to convert.

[media=]

He is getting old. He'll be 77 in 2016, but seems in good health.

No more than he does now.

Only the resident Saints that live in Nevada get to choose.

No chance. He has expressed no interest in running for President.

Did not realize he was that much older. He could still run though.

If he did run I believe it would prove that the majority of Mormons don't vote based on religion. I consider myself independent and I wouldn't vote for Reid. However, if he did run and win I would be excited to see a Mormon in the white house

That is one of Jeffrey R. Hollands good friends your talking about. What is so bad about Reid?

Where do I start?? I think the thing that bothered me most was the day he came out to a podium where he usually made his statements, with several cohorts behind him, and flat out lied saying that he had it from a reliable source that Romney had not paid taxes in the past 10 years... and he repeated this lie again, saying the "word was out" about Romney and his taxes. Of course Romney released a multiyear summary of his finances/taxes as well as two years' tax returns. I think Reid should have been made to stand at that same podium and eat copies of the documents.

Whether you think Romney should have released more years of returns or not... it's irrelevant... Harry lied, and lied again. Among other things.

GG

Did not realize he was that much older. He could still run though.

He has been around for awhile, but I don't see a whole lot of excitement for him on a national level. Seems like there are others in his party further ahead in that arena or are newer so one assumes they may have the potential where he doesn't appear to have.

Where do I start?? I think the thing that bothered me most was the day he came out to a podium where he usually made his statements, with several cohorts behind him, and flat out lied saying that he had it from a reliable source that Romney had not paid taxes in the past 10 years... and he repeated this lie again, saying the "word was out" about Romney and his taxes. Of course Romney released a multiyear summary of his finances/taxes as well as two years' tax returns. I think Reid should have been made to stand at that same podium and eat copies of the documents.

Whether you think Romney should have released more years of returns or not... it's irrelevant... Harry lied, and lied again. Among other things.

GG

Romney did NOT release multiyear tax returns. He released one year and one summary.

Here is how Romney avoided paying any taxes. http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/harry-reid-was-right-about-romneys-ta

I'm a Communist and I refuse to vote Democrat or Republican because, for me alone, it would be like negotiating with terrorists.

Because the standard Demo or Rep is willing to kill you if you don't agree to their demands.....

Looking at the world in extremes isn't going to get you very far in developing and keeping relationships, at least not with too much variety of people.....just an observation.

Because the standard Demo or Rep is willing to kill you if you don't agree to their demands.....

Looking at the world in extremes isn't going to get you very far in developing and keeping relationships, at least not with too much variety of people.....just an observation.

You look at terrorism through such a narrow lense and fail to see the other terrorist attacks against US citizens that are committed from within.

Romney did NOT release multiyear tax returns. He released one year and one summary.

Here is how Romney avoided paying any taxes. http://crooksandliar...bout-romneys-ta

When this discussion was at its height, one of the news programs reported that Romney had his acct release a multiyear (I believe it was 20) summary of his finances. I was referring to that...and, in addition to the one year return Romney said he'd release 2011 as soon as it was completed, and I believe he has done that, thus, making it two years' returns... the same as others have done in the past.

I didn't even bother to read your link... I have no doubt that Romney took every legal ... legal... step allowed in sheltering income. Who wouldn't... wish I had more ways to do so. There's no child credits for me ($3,700 per dependent!!)... there's no college student credits for me... there's no mortgage interest credits for me, etc etc. The only thing that I have to deduct are my charitable contributions, and in some years my medical.

I do not begrudge Romney keeping as much of his income as possible, just like everyone else tries to do. If this is objectionable, change the tax laws.

GG

GG:

Romney's own father said it best in releasing 12 years of actual tax returns.

One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show.

If you don't bother to read the Links that is your choice. The down side is that it leaves you no rational means to discover the facts.

With the lone except of charitable deductions I haven't had those deductions and more for many years now too. I feel it a pleasure to be able to pay my taxes. It is perfectly legal to hide your money in the Cayman Island; In Swiss Bank accounts, and a host of other tax havens. What is highly unusual, to say the least, is for a candidate for the President of the US to do such. How can someone that says they love their country and still goes to great lengths to avoid paying the taxes that make this great country possible mystifies me.

Ps. Look up Son of Boss.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/08/opinion/canellos-kleinbard-romney-taxes/index.html

Archived