Seriously No Politics ×

I Am Full Time Employed Again!

KevinG

Woo hoo! Congratulations! So you want us to play 20 questions about your job, huh? :D

So you want us to play 20 questions about your job, huh? :D

Not really - I'm just not sure how much to reveal online and not sacrifice my privacy.

I can say it is in University administration. Which is really cool since I can transfer my retirement credit from state employment to this position. Its also close to home so no move and a short commute. It was a miraculous set of circumstances - finding out about a position where I had worked with these people before.

Thanks to the community for their prayers and support. I am now employed full time again in a wonderful professional position (which I will not divulge for privacy and security reasons) but it is a good one. I can also continue to consult a bit on the side.

That is great...I am teaching again after four months with broken back. In fact I am teaching so much it is hard after such an injury.

I am so happy for you KevinG...

I've been retired 21 years from the Calif University systems (UC and CSU)... but I don't know what I'd do if I was trying to compete in today's world. So many people all vying for the same position everywhere an opening occurs.

When I was with San Fran St Univ., one of my responsibilities was to assist the search committees for our unit's faculty positions. Oh, and let me tell you... as the applications would come in, I'd put them in BINDERS and then circulate the binders to the committee members... that was the efficient way to do it... applications would be tabbed, with initial supporting documents... then a divider and a new tab with another application and documentation. The binders would circulate and I always knew where everything was... and search committee members had everything at their fingertips for the initial screening of the applicants... as the search narrowed, I'd contact the applicants the committe wanted to pursue further and request additional documentation such as publications, papers, etc etc. Again, I utilized a system of binders and manila envelopes for those items such as books etc. Since we had only from 3 - 5 finalists, each had their own binder(s).

I know there are several on the board who have been searching for a job for many months and they are always in my prayers. So congrats and I hope all will go well as you settle into your new position.

from the beach on a rainy afternoon... the trees barren of leaves, their black branches stark against the gray sky.... GG

Good to hear...not the pain, but that you are able to work again.

I sit when I can...it is embarrassing, I do a lot of public speaking and get paid a lot to sit during much of my class. But I make a lot of money for the people I teach for so maybe it equals out. You would never know from my typing and grammar that I do public speaking...thankfully I teach Electrical Code and Math, not English lit.

That is great...I am teaching again after four months with broken back. In fact I am teaching so much it is hard after such an injury.

Pa Pa... I'm so glad you're teaching again...

GG

I sit when I can...it is embarrassing, I do a lot of public speaking and get paid a lot to sit during much of my class. But I make a lot of money for the people I teach for so maybe it equals out. You would never know from my typing and grammar that I do public speaking...thankfully I teach Electrical Code and Math, not English lit.

My husband is a teacher too...and thank goodness for spellcheck so I don't have to proof everything he writes to save him major embarrassment. He reminds me when I roll my eyes at his spelling what Twain said about those who can only manage to come up with one way to spell a word.

My husband is a teacher too...and thank goodness for spellcheck so I don't have to proof everything he writes to save him major embarrassment. He reminds me when I roll my eyes at his spelling what Twain said about those who can only manage to come up with one way to spell a word.

Love that quote...And spellcheck only works when you use the right word. :) Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Very happy for you Pa Pa! It's been a tough road but you made it :)