Seriously No Politics ×

Do You Have A Television?

Years ago, I watched a lot of Television, but somehow fell away from it an became an inactive TV watcher. Then I moved and did not have room for my TV, and simply donated it. Then I house sat for someone that would be gone a month, but when I turned on the TV... Yuk! I never could understand "That Family Guy", Survivor, and Batchelor. Then when I watched the news, it just felt like I was being brain washed.

Now, with the elections coming, both parties are telling outright lies; distorting what both canditates say. Lately I have realized that it is not about the truth but about attracting an audience and nothing attracts a crowd like controversey.

So, I was going to buy a TV a while back but decided it was a waste of time.

So is anyone else a TV drop out like me?

I have a television, but I rarely watch it. I did watch the debate tonight, but only to analyze how each canidate exaggerated the other's opinion =). It's fun to just watch and identify these things... since both sides do them =D.

I have a television, but it doesn't pick up any networks. We have an apple tv hooked to it so we can watch netflix and movies on itunes and such. Absolutely no real tv in the house. It is awesome. No commercials.

We also do not allow any tv Monday thru Thursday during the school year. My kids see tv as a treat on the weekends and I don't have to deal with all the wants the commercials and such cause.

That being said, we have two laptops, a desktop and an iPad, so we can still watch things....like the debate. :)

I have a television, but I rarely watch it. I did watch the debate tonight, but only to analyze how each canidate exaggerated the other's opinion =). It's fun to just watch and identify these things... since both sides do them =D.

Not my kind of fun, I am afraid. I wish they would stick to talking about their own accomplishments and plans and leave the attacks to the commentators and analysers afterward.

I have a television and lots of cable channels... but am hard pressed to find anything other than news, nature, HGTV, cooking, movies, that I want to watch... I did watch the debate tonight... and I'm nuts about BYU sports. Being alone with no family I probably watch more than most people but it's mainly news and the channels I listed... never the networks, the silly sit coms or reality shows etc etc.

GG

Not my kind of fun, I am afraid. I wish they would stick to talking about their own accomplishments and plans and leave the attacks to the commentators and analysers afterward.

Hehe... the thing is, the commentator's analysis tend to be just as biased as the arguments made =P. It's too bad XD.

We didn't have TV for the first ten years we were married. The kids preferred to go outside than to be cooped inside anyway.

With the kids grown and gone we now have two big screen TV's and a small one for playing games on. None are in our bedroom or living room. Our computer is set up to watch Netflix in our library.

I pay attention to politics, but have no desire to watch any political debate on TV. Mostly we watch HGTV, and the Food Network. Sometimes the Discovery Channel and more irregularly the History Channel. When I can't sleep late at night, or very early in the morning, I'll watch old movies(From the forties and fifties)

I pay attention to politics, but have no desire to watch any political debate on TV. Mostly we watch HGTV, and the Food Network. Sometimes the Discovery Channel and more irregularly the History Channel. When I can't sleep late at night, or very early in the morning, I'll watch old movies(From the forties and fifties)

HGTV and the Food Network are two of my favorites... I love House Hunters, particularly those where people are hunting in the exotic sea coast areas... and I can't get enough of Chopped, Cupcake Wars. and Iron Chef. Now I'm even into the restaurant programs where the employees of struggling restaurants are observed as they work to see what's causing the problems...

GG

Years ago, I watched a lot of Television, but somehow fell away from it an became an inactive TV watcher. Then I moved and did not have room for my TV, and simply donated it. Then I house sat for someone that would be gone a month, but when I turned on the TV... Yuk! I never could understand "That Family Guy", Survivor, and Batchelor. Then when I watched the news, it just felt like I was being brain washed.

Now, with the elections coming, both parties are telling outright lies; distorting what both canditates say. Lately I have realized that it is not about the truth but about attracting an audience and nothing attracts a crowd like controversey.

Try History channel, Discovery and BPYU.

No, No TV in our home. We watch a few shows on infinity on the net when we have the available GB at the end of the billing cycle. My wife and I like NCIS and Castle. DVD's we watch on the laptop. We have a large collection and we trade them with other cruisers.

Cooking and history channels get most of the traffic. Of course Dr Who episodes when BBC releases them. College football comes in second. We even watch general conference on the computer now.

We have a couple. One is 55" across. But we have the lowest level of Cable TV it is possible to have and still have cable (we are in an outlying area and broadcast TV only gets us one channel). I might watch two or three hours of TV a week. My wife watches more, but it the bulk of our TV viewing is two game shows, "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune", both intellectual. The wife likes "Dancing with the Stars" and "American Idol" but I can't stand them.

I spend too much time on the Internet, however.

I watch lots of Blu-rays and my kids watch lots of Netflix. We don't have cable (only broadcast channels), and I DVR "30 Rock", "Modern Family", "Nightline", "The Office", "Happy Endings" and "How I Met Your Mother" (but I haven't been watching HIMYM lately).

While I admit there's not much on that's good, it's hardly fair to judge the quality of television with "Family Guy" and "The Bachelor".

Edited by cinepro

Take a look at your TV screen,

It's a window bright and clean,

Another wife swapped,

What does it all mean?

Elder Brother you're never wrong,

Show weak people acting strong,

So I look outside,

To see the green.

Damh the Bard

I don't have a TV of my own. There are two communal TV's where I live, but I rarely watch them. When I'm indoors, I'd rather play with my puppy, read or educate myself on the internet. If I really want to watch something, (I love Bones and Once upon a Time.) I usually use Hulu or the network websites.

Yours under the sacred oaks,

Nathair /|\

I watch lots of Blu-rays and my kids watch lots of Netflix. We don't have cable (only broadcast channels), and I DVR "30 Rock", "Modern Family", "Nightline", "The Office", "Happy Endings" and "How I Met Your Mother" (but I haven't been watching HIMYM lately).

While I admit there's not much on that's good, it's hardly fair to judge the quality of television with "Family Guy" and "The Bachelor".

What about mythbusters 0.o =D