Anyone Feel Like Sharing Your Conversion Story?

Tacenda

Thanks Duncan,my son served in the Arcadia area on his mission, it was an English speaking one. How about you? And thanks SS for your short but sweet story!

I was there, but not actually in Arcadia but everywhere around it. Arcadia is where the Mission President lived and went to church so I think I would have gotten ulcers from serving there! hahaha! When was he there? I was there 1998-2000, english speaking. It's a TINY mission!

I always refer to myself as a semi-convert. My mother joined the church when I was about 3. I went to church with her until I was about 5. After that she went inactive and I forgot I had ever been to a Mormon church. I remembered the missionaries, but for some reason I never connected the two. Fast forward about 7 years, the missionaries knocked on our door (we had since moved) and when they found out my mom had been a member, asked if they could "practice" the investigator discussions with us. That quickly turned into missionary discussions for me. I have been an active member ever since, except for a year long hiatus durning my first year of college. We had pretty much been unchurched during the seven years before my conversion, so with the exception of attending my grandmothers methodist church on holidays, I really never belonged to any other church or had any exposure to other religions. Hence the "semi-convert" status.

Edited by Saints Alive

I always refer to myself as a semi-convert. My mother joined the church when I was about 3. I went to church with her until I was about 5. After that she went inactive and I forgot I had ever been to a Mormon church. I remembered the missionaries, but for some reason I never connected the two. Fast forward about 7 years, the missionaries knocked on our door (we had since moved) and when they found out my mom had been a member, asked if they could "practice" the investigator discussions with us. That quickly turned into missionary discussions for me. I have been an active member ever since, except for a year long hiatus durning my first year of college. We had pretty much been unchurched during the seven years before my conversion, so with the exception of attending my grandmothers methodist church on holidays, I really never belonged to any other church or had any exposure to other religions. Hence the "semi-convert" status.

I'd have loved to have had that experience at the age of 12, the age right before puberty. I feel like I didn't take too much seriously at the age of 8 yrs.

I was born in the Church, a 6th generation Mormon. My grandparents all lived in the Mexican colonies. Our family is a very devout and literalistic group of believers. I had no reason to doubt any of it when I turned eight years old, and I prayed in my heart before the baptism and told God that this was my sign to him that I really *did* both believe and intend to follow Jesus in all things. And I asked Him to please let me know what I needed to follow Him.

When my dad said "Receive the Holy Ghost", I both felt the burning, electric fire flow through me AND I suddenly *KNEW* that it was all true. Very literally. As I've grown, the testimony has waxed and waned, but never gone away.

HiJolly