Seriously No Politics ×

A Missionary Dilemma Question

Duncan

I am being asked to compile a list of missionary work concerns in our stake and city. One I have is the High Councilor in charge of missionary work really isn't active in terms of coming out to Church on sundays. If I think about it he has attended MAYBE 4 times out of the year? like 3 times this year and left right after sacrament. I have heard he travels some and does his stake visits but maybe he should get released then if he can't make it out to Church. Other High Councilors in the ward attend Church no problem. I am not judging the guy, whatever gets him through the night is fine by me but should I make mention that he is basically not avaliable to help out? am I being too critical?I just want someone active, who knows missionaries, how to do things, someone active and involved. No, I am not suggesting myself, I have a personality-high Councilors don't!!! (now I am being judgemental! ha!)

Edited by Duncan

I am being asked to compile a list of missionary work concerns in our stake and city. One I have is the High Councilor in charge of missionary work really isn't active in terms of coming out to Church on sundays. If I think about it he has attended MAYBE 4 times out of the year? like 3 times this year and left right after sacrament. I have heard he travels some and does his stake visits but maybe he should get released then if he can't make it out to Church. Other High Councilors in the ward attend Church no problem. I am not judging the guy, whatever gets him through the night is fine by me but should I make mention that he is basically not avaliable to help out? am I being too critical?I just want someone active, who knows missionaries, how to do things, someone active and involved. No, I am not suggesting myself, I have a personality-high Councilors don't!!! (now I am being judgemental! ha!)

What is your position in the church? I ask out of curiosity as to why you are being asked to compile this "list". Why wouldn't the high-councilor in charge of missionary work be tasked with this? Maybe this could be the first item on your list! :)

What is your position in the church? I ask out of curiosity as to why you are being asked to compile this "list". Why wouldn't the high-councilor in charge of missionary work be tasked with this? Maybe this could be the first item on your list! :)

well!I am the ward mission leader but if I send in what I have to say probably not for long!!

Everybody on this thread has had good advice (e.g., if you're concerned about sharing concerns, that indicates a problem right there).

I wouldn't focus on an ineffective high councilor. Rank-and-file members, WML, ward members have a much greater impact than high councilors over missionary work.

PM me with your unfiltered, unedited thoughts, and I can give you my thoughts on them. I am a veteran of some epic battles with the stake presidency over all kinds of things, including missionary work (the stake president sets a lot of store by my counsel and thoughts, but his counselors don't).

Share your concerns privately to the Stake President and let him judge what actions should be taken.

Thou art wise beyond thy years, My Young Padawan! B:);)

Edited by Kenngo1969

Thou art wise beyond thy years, My Young Padawan! B:);)

I wrote a testy letter about concerns one time and shared it with far too many people. Hurt one badly. One of my regrets in life.

I wrote a testy letter about concerns one time and shared it with far too many people. Hurt one badly. One of my regrets in life.

Some lessons are hard, some prices are high. :huh: We've all been there in different circumstances, I think.

You are framing your issue wrong. Why should you care about his activity or not. What your concern is is that he is not as available to you as you would like? And have you shared with him what you need from him, that you are not getting? If you have not, AND offered alternatives for getting what you need, you really ought not be complaining to anyone else about him either because you haven't earn the right by doing all you can.

You are framing your issue wrong. Why should you care about his activity or not. What your concern is is that he is not as available to you as you would like? And have you shared with him what you need from him, that you are not getting? If you have not, AND offered alternatives for getting what you need, you really ought not be complaining to anyone else about him either because you haven't earn the right by doing all you can.

true! thank you!