Conference Rumors?

I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors about a big announcement this weekend. Im hearing things from people several times removed from me out in Arizona that there is supposed to be something big this conference. Right now im skeptical because rumors like that occur. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything.

I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors about a big announcement this weekend. Im hearing things from people several times removed from me out in Arizona that there is supposed to be something big this conference. Right now im skeptical because rumors like that occur. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything.

What part of Arizona? I heard from an EQ Pres, that they were told they should expect to serve as long as Bishops. That home teaching wil deemphasize numbers.

I haven't heard anything but I'm willing to start up a few. Feel free to share with your friends at your own discretion.

- Ward conferences will be discontinued.

- Arrangements have been made to obtain the Kirtland temple.

- The church has partnered with a Kansas City-based mobile-home moving company and will help to move the newly dedicated temple onto the temple lot grounds in Independence.

- John Dehlin will be called into the First Quorum of the Seventy.

- All members alleging Laker fanship at the Los Angeles Temple will be denied admittance.

- The Lord, in efforts to more firmly establish 'His team,' will direct the Church to purchase the Utah Jazz. The ESA will subsequently be converted into The Salt Lake West Temple. Thurl Bailey will serve as temple president.

dc_zps2bba27fd.jpg

I haven't heard anything but I'm willing to start up a few. Feel free to share with your friends at your own discretion.

- Ward conferences will be discontinued.

- Arrangements have been made to obtain the Kirtland temple.

- The church has partnered with a Kansas City-based mobile-home moving company and will help to move the newly dedicated temple onto the temple lot grounds in Independence.

- John Dehlin will be called into the First Quorum of the Seventy.

- All members alleging Laker fanship at the Los Angeles Temple will be denied admittance.

- The Lord, in efforts to more firmly establish 'His team,' will direct the Church to purchase the Utah Jazz. The ESA will subsequently be converted into The Salt Lake West Temple. Thurl Bailey will serve as temple president.

dc_zps2bba27fd.jpg

Ha, ha! Reminds me of when the Conference Center was announced while I was on my mission (mid 1990s). For some reason, there was inordinate emphasis on the fact that it would *not* be used for sports events. We joked that President Hinckley would later announce that it would, in fact, actually be used for sports, and that the Church would buy a major league baseball team. We had a lot of fun coming up with franchise names (the Salt Lake White Salamanders, etc.), and speculating about a revelation announcing that tithing would now be 13% . . . :)

President Monson will reveal that after a night of binging on whole wheat toast and tap water (no ice), he awoke to find a temporary tattoo reading "EAR WIGGLEZ 4 LYFE" emblazoned across his chest.

Elder Holland will reveal that his Conference talks are mostly ghost written by a llama named Ricky.

President Uchtdorf will reveal that, in his younger days, he was an airline pilot.

Any newly called Seventies will be required to perform an interpretive dance to a German grindcore rendition of Popcorn Popping.

Archived