Seriously No Politics ×

Mitt Romeny Impact Church Negatively

tyler90az

This is one of a series of Union paid for and delivered ads using the employees who pick up Mitt Romney's trash to trash Mitt Romney. One gentleman who was complaining that Mitt never came out and hugged him or gave him presents like some other customers works in a municipality where garbage men with 2 years experience make about 60k a year + full retirement and benefits.

This is pure politics and reflects nothing on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or its members.

This is one of a series of Union paid for and delivered ads using the employees who pick up Mitt Romney's trash to trash Mitt Romney. One gentleman who was complaining that Mitt never came out and hugged him or gave him presents like some other customers works in a municipality where garbage men with 2 years experience make about 60k a year + full retirement and benefits.

This is pure politics and reflects nothing on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or its members.

Did not know he made 60k, that is pretty good. All that shows is Mitt Romney does not care about the middle class either. Wonder if this will impact our missionary efforts with those classes?

I fear this may be the beginning and if Mitt Romney wins it will hurt the church. What happens if he has a bad presidency? That could kill the church. You may say I am exaggerating but realy think about it.

God won't let that happen.

I fear this may be the beginning and if Mitt Romney wins it will hurt the church. What happens if he has a bad presidency? That could kill the church. You may say I am exaggerating but realy think about it.

If you honestly believe the Church is of and ran by Christ then no man can "kill the Church"

Did not know he made 60k, that is pretty good. All that shows is Mitt Romney does not care about the middle class either. Wonder if this will impact our missionary efforts with those classes?

Thats a stretch, didn't know you were a gymnast

Thought about it. You are exaggerating. Do you really expect 14 million members to resign based on a bad president? Especially since a majority of them do not even live in this country. Do not be silly. Daniel's prophecy is not going to be thwarted by one screw up.

I think that a too close an association with any American political party isn't healthy for the Church, and the Church rightly stays out of partisan politics. Will some voters look at Romney's 47% comments and associate them with the Church? Undoubtedly. More will associate those statements a certain political party. I think the best thing to do is remind people that a majority of Saints live outside of the US, and are far more concerned about their own country's actions than anything an American political party represents.

I think that a too close an association with any American political party isn't healthy for the Church, and the Church rightly stays out of partisan politics. Will some voters look at Romney's 47% comments and associate them with the Church? Undoubtedly. More will associate those statements a certain political party. I think the best thing to do is remind people that a majority of Saints live outside of the US, and are far more concerned about their own country's actions than anything an American political party represents.

Yeah, the 47% comment sealed my vote. If Romney does not know that almost half of that group are senior citizens who mostly vote Republican then..........ehhhhh, he is not informed enough to run the nation.

Countdown to lock in 3...2...

Now I know this is pure politics.

[media=]

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Is this bad for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Only to those not informed or to those who will not distinguish between politics and religion.

For the informed, people will know of the first of these "Romney don't care about common folk" with Richard Hayes is ironically self-imploding...big time:

Here Hayes *implies* that the garbage men are "invisible" to Romney. Yet here's from Romney's book No Apology; The Case for American Greatness:

“During my campaign for governor, I decided to spend a day every few weeks doing the jobs of other people in Massachusetts. Among other jobs, I cooked sausages at Fenway Park, worked on asphalt paving crew, stacked bales of hay on a farm, volunteered in an emergency room, served food at a nursing home, and worked as a child-care assistant. I’m often asked which was the hardest job – it’s child care, by a mile.”

One day I gathered trash as a garbage collector. I stood on that little platform at the back of the truck, holding on as the driver navigated his way through the narrow streets of Boston. As we pulled up to traffic lights, I noticed that the shoppers and businesspeople who were standing only a few feet from me didn’t even see me. It was as if I was invisible. Perhaps it was because a lot of us don’t think garbage men are worthy of notice; I disagree – anyone who works that hard deserves our respect. – I wasn’t a particularly good garbage collector: at one point, after filling the trough at the back of the truck, I pulled the wrong hydraulic lever. Instead of pushing the load into the truck, I dumped it onto the street. Maybe the suits didn’t notice me, but the guys at the construction site sure did…” (251) [All emphasis added]

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/10/02/public_sector_union_promoting_romneys_trash_man

LOL, Mitt Romney used the exact same language to empathize with garbage workers as Hayes uses to hurt on Romney.

One gentleman who was complaining that Mitt never came out and hugged him or gave him presents like some other customers works in a municipality where garbage men with 2 years experience make about 60k a year + full retirement and benefits.

His (Richard Hayes') story was that garbage men are not recognized and that he worked in Romney's San Diego neighborhood. He did this to only *imply * Romney did not recognize him. He never accused Mitt Romney of this directly. Mitt's a guy who'll recognize anyone, especially if they're working hard.

80% of Romney's 47% is retired. They've already worked hard virtually always for far less than $20 million a year Romney brings in for not working. Another 15-17% is disabled combat veterans and individuals with massive medical problems. But he doesn't care about those because according to him they don't care about themselves.

[media=]

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Is this bad for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Looking at the video as an outsider, it would not dawn on me that this was even related to LDS. For some who do not know any Mormons, and Mitt Romney is the first politician that they are coming to know as a Mormon, it might hurt a little, but the average person is going to realize that there are different types of people who consider themselves Mormon, and he will be judged largely on his record and his proposed policies.

80% of Romney's 47% is retired. They've already worked hard virtually always for far less than $20 million a year Romney brings in for not working. Another 15-17% is disabled combat veterans and individuals with massive medical problems. But he doesn't care about those because according to him they don't care about themselves.

Disappointing words!

Considering that ABC news reported that in 2011 46% did not pay federal income tax the 47% isn't that far off.

"In 2011 those 76 million people, about 46 percent of the people who filed taxes, did not pay a penny in income taxes, according to an analysis of IRS data by the bipartisan Tax Policy Center."

(Amy Bingham, Sept. 18, 2012)

Of course the point of Romney's comments was that those who are dependent on the Obama government won't vote for him. And he wasn't referring to senior citizens.

Mitt Romney is not the church and the church is not Mitt Romney. Harry Reid hasn't destroyed the church yet and if it can withstand him then I don't think there is much danger of Mitt Romney destroying it.

Considering that ABC news reported that in 2011 46% did not pay federal income tax the 47% isn't that far off.

"In 2011 those 76 million people, about 46 percent of the people who filed taxes, did not pay a penny in income taxes, according to an analysis of IRS data by the bipartisan Tax Policy Center."

(Amy Bingham, Sept. 18, 2012)

Of course the point of Romney's comments was that those who are dependent on the Obama government won't vote for him. And he wasn't referring to senior citizens.

Then he is a poor communicator. He specifically said he should write off the 47% that do not pay taxes without making any reservations. Fortunately for him many of his retired elderly supporters won't realize they have been insulted and will vote for him anyways.

It is also interesting to note that Obama extended some preexisting social programs and added very little in the way of new ones. That means that those dependent on the Obama government were also dependent on the Bush government. :vader:

I love it when people fabricate statistics like this that are patently false. If this is the kind of rationalizations people use to not vote for Romney, then we are indeed a shallow and unperceptive society.

Heaven help us.

I know this is getting too political for this forum but what a load of garbage. You're saying that 80% of those who are locked into voting for Obama are retirees. The ones who saw a $700 billion reduction in Medicare expenditures? That (at least) some fo the 15-17 % are military vets while military layoffs are being superficially stalled until after November? And to suggest that Romney does nothing to get his pay and imply he did little to nothing to earn it shows a high level of ignrance. He worked hard and smart all his life to get what he has and he's a very thrifty man.

You honestly think that the vast majority of people who asre in lockstep support for Obama are those whose livelyhoods are under threat by Obama's policies?

Archived