Seriously No Politics ×

Moderate Islam

Glenn101

I just read an interesting blog by an Evangelical Christian about Islamiphobia in Evangeical Christianity here. I think that blog has some insights for all that may view Islam as predominantly a extremist and violent religion.

This comes especially in the light of the massive peaceful demonstrations in Libya against the various militias that have come into being in Libya and were instrumental in the attacks on the Amercian Embassy that killed the US ambassador to Libya. To me, those demonstrations indicate that there is a large contingent of those of the Islamic persuasion that are peaceful minded and do not adhere to a jihadist philosophy. I am heartened that so many had the courage to stand up for their principles and show them to their neighbors and the world.

Glenn

I just read an interesting blog by an Evangelical Christian about Islamiphobia in Evangeical Christianity here. I think that blog has some insights for all that may view Islam as predominantly a extremist and violent religion.

This comes especially in the light of the massive peaceful demonstrations in Libya against the various militias that have come into being in Libya and were instrumental in the attacks on the Amercian Embassy that killed the US ambassador to Libya. To me, those demonstrations indicate that there is a large contingent of those of the Islamic persuasion that are peaceful minded and do not adhere to a jihadist philosophy. I am heartened that so many had the courage to stand up for their principles and show them to their neighbors and the world.

Glenn

You are quite right. Unfortunately we don't get to deal with them but instead we are forced to deal with the radical element which is out to kill us. Perhaps if the peaceful part of Islam were to exert more influence there wouldn't be the need to fear Islamic regimes. As it is the radical element is making it difficult to deal with the Muslim world. Wish it were different but burying ones head does not solve this problem.

The Jews have Ultra Orthodox, who terrorize shop keepers who sale items the Orthodox are opposed too.

The Christians in have what amounted too "hit lists" of certain doctors and certain facilities, and their organized boycotts of shops which do not promote Christian themes.

Great Britian had the IRA.

All religions have the murderous extremist, but we mostly only hear of Islamic/Muslim terrorists.

The Jews have Ultra Orthodox, who terrorize shop keepers who sale items the Orthodox are opposed too.

The Christians in have what amounted too "hit lists" of certain doctors and certain facilities, and their organized boycotts of shops which do not promote Christian themes.

Great Britian had the IRA.

All religions have the murderous extremist, but we mostly only hear of Islamic/Muslim terrorists.

Which all pale in scope and intent when compared to radical Islam.

Archived