Seriously No Politics ×

Muslims Protest Embassy In Egypt And Lybia Over Anti Muslim Movie

Saints Alive

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/12/egyptian-protesters-scale-us-embassy-wall-in-cairo/

So some one makes an anti muslim movie and there are protest in two different countries... Some Jackaxe post the entire endowment ceremony that he recorded via subterfuge and disgusted web forum posts is all we can muster?

I'm not encouraging flag burning or other forms of violence. I just wish us mormons would get a little bit more offended.

I know what you mean...it has ALWAYS been okay to bash, insult, and offend Mormons to the hilt!....but try doing that to Muslims, Jews or African Americans?? All heck breaks loose and the whole world comes down on the offenders! But who ever stands up for Mormons except other Mormons? I hardly ever see any other faith make a big stink about Mormons being treated badly or rally around us when WE'RE being picked on! They just stand silent and don't care.

Mormons don't fight back. That's what makes it worse. That seems to make it even MORE okay to criticize, because we just take it. its frustrating...but what can ya do? It won't ever change.

I am disgusted by the actions of the Muslims who attacked the US consulate in Libya and the US Embassy in Cairo. These are nothing more than ignorant zealots that were looking for an opportunity to riot, cause havoc, and take offense. They demean Islam, the prophet Mohammed, the Qur'an, and all that is held sacred in Islam.

These hoodlums are not to be thought of as examples of righteous anger, but that of moral degenerates.

We are disciples of Christ and we bear his name in humility and strength. It matters not what others do to us; it matters how we treat others. There is a time and place for all things. Words are meaningless and should never cause us to react in anger. However, let the first man lift a finger against our wives and children, the families of our community, and our nation, then is the time to stand and draw a line and proclaim no more. We are a long ways away from needing to wave a banner of liberty, but I like knowing our blood runs red as individuals who know how to be humble and how to be strong.

However, let the first man lift a finger against our wives and children, the families of our community, and our nation, then is the time to stand and draw a line and proclaim no more. We are a long ways away from needing to wave a banner of liberty, but I like knowing our blood runs red as individuals who know how to be humble and how to be strong.

I am afraid our passive nature will lead to violence. Most antis are nothing more than bullies. Once words stop having an effect bullies move on to ever increasingly drastic measures to get a rise out of their victims. If we don't stand up and say enough is enough they will continue to push the bar.

We've been commanded both to love our enemies and turn the other cheek. Unless or until anti-mormonism actually physically threatens our lives or our ability to practice our religion, i don't believe we can ever justify violence in the name of protecting our beliefs.

I agree with Storm, those Muslims are not examples that we need to envy. The American Ambassador to Lybia, according to the news, died in the protests when he was trying to flee. I'd rather let bullies push the bar against us than to kill innocent people standing up for ourselves.

I think the person who did it wants us to flip out. Why give them the reaction they want?

I know what you mean...it has ALWAYS been okay to bash, insult, and offend Mormons to the hilt!....but try doing that to Muslims, Jews or African Americans?? All heck breaks loose and the whole world comes down on the offenders! But who ever stands up for Mormons except other Mormons? I hardly ever see any other faith make a big stink about Mormons being treated badly or rally around us when WE'RE being picked on! They just stand silent and don't care.

Mormons don't fight back. That's what makes it worse. That seems to make it even MORE okay to criticize, because we just take it. its frustrating...but what can ya do? It won't ever change.

So of us do...and only end up angering both sides.

There is a church critic on another site that is constantly pestering me. I have ignored his posts and he just gets increasingly agitated and rude. The angrier he becomes the more ridiculous he is seen to be. A few days he posted "I DEMAND AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS!!!" and I noticed that another poster, one who disagrees with me, responded with "What questions, all you do is type in caps and call him a liar".

Nor should it. Our orders from the King specifically tell us not to return railing for railing. I am terrible at following said orders but they are right there in Kingdom of God for Dummies Last Days Edition.

Nor should it. Our orders from the King specifically tell us not to return railing for railing. I am terrible at following said orders but they are right there in Kingdom of God for Dummies Last Days Edition.

I have not been to "the board not to be named" since the accident. I wonder if I should go back...maybe by defending what I am struggling with, I will rediscover what I do believe...is that logical?
I'm not encouraging flag burning or other forms of violence. I just wish us mormons would get a little bit more offended.

Why? What would be the point of getting more offended?

So somebody doesn't like the Mormon Church, and says offensive things about it. So what? If there are copyright issues with the temple stuff, the Church can prosecute if it wants, but what is the point of people like you and me getting all worked up about it? If they were causing us actual harm, maybe standing up to them would be appropriate, but as long as they are merely offending our sensibilities, I say just ignore them. If they tell lies about us, just put the truth out there to counter them, which really is already being done.

Silly Mormons and their Jesus who said "turn the other cheek".....what a bunch of whimps

Personally I don't think Jesus literally meant let them slap you again. He is talking about bringing your persecutors down to your level. The only way to slap some one on the left side (in a society that only uses the right hand) is to use the palm side of the hand. Backhanding and slapping someone had different connotations in ancient Israel but that is a topic for another thread.

I have not been to "the board not to be named" since the accident. I wonder if I should go back...maybe by defending what I am struggling with, I will rediscover what I do believe...is that logical?

No. Seek after good things. Uplifting things. I even avoid the discussions here sometimes when I need to get "plugged into" a more positive spirit.

Do you all remember last week when someone posted the sacred temple ceremony on youtube and mobs of Utah Mormons went berserk breaking into a foreign consulate and killing an ambassador and two solders?

I don't either.

http://www.foxnews.c...-wall-in-cairo/

So some one makes an anti muslim movie and there are protest in two different countries... Some Jackaxe post the entire endowment ceremony that he recorded via subterfuge and disgusted web forum posts is all we can muster?

This kind of behavior does not make any sense to us and I'm guessing it's because this isn't what really happened. I find it difficult to believe that this event was inspired by a stupid movie. It would make A LOT more sense to me if this event were blowback from arming and funding terrorists in their country and then bombing their country including their power grids and aqueducts. I can comprehend this kind of anger over your sons and fathers killed and wives and daughters raped. I can't understand this anger over a silly movie.

If it is blowback, the western policy makers would be loath to admit it. It would be so easy to make up a stupid lie about what the attackers said.

This kind of behavior does not make any sense to us and I'm guessing it's because this isn't what really happened. I find it difficult to believe that this event was inspired by a stupid movie. It would make A LOT more sense to me if this event were blowback from arming and funding terrorists in their country and then bombing their country including their power grids and aqueducts. I can comprehend this kind of anger over your sons and fathers killed and wives and daughters raped. I can't understand this anger over a silly movie.

If it is blowback, the western policy makers would be loath to admit it. It would be so easy to make up a stupid lie about what the attackers said.

do you also subscribe to the "9/11 inside job" theory al ah Rosie O'donnal?

Archived