Seriously No Politics ×

For Elihu - God is Certainly Described as a Man

ScriptureLover

Once again , Please answer the questions !. Also is THE LORD OF LIFE CHRIST JESUS THE GOD "MAN" ?. In Philippians 2 "The Kenosis" HE [Jesus] left his total Diety aside and became 100% MAN LIKE US EXACTLY. Is He Still The GOD "MAN" ?.

I just ran over something.......the book of mormon says god is Great Spirit? C'mon mormons somebody has to get the story straight, I know..I know. someone has an explanation.......hehe. Thats ridiculous, Book of Mormon says God is a Spirit, D&C says he's a man, Prophets say he's a ........? I think its fair to say Mormons don't know what they worship and will worship whatever the church tells them to. Sad.....

My, My, How Prideful we have become !. THE LORD OF LIFE does not look favorably on that, I suggest some Humility/Repentance. Oh by the way, If you had any honesty, and read the text correctly you would have seen the 'GREAT SPIRIT" was the Pre--Mortal LORD OF LIFE JESUS CHRIST "BEFORE" HE CAME TO EARTH . Sorry you are not an honest person, just being a Busybody, 2Thess 3:11, 1TIM,5:13, 1Peter 4:15. Pull out that Beam, it might help. IN HIS DEBT, Tanyan.

I think I understand Noahnoah's situation. He is not sincere. I re-read this thread and am going to move on to others who really do want to communicate instead of what Noahnoah is doing. He has the proofs, and so he changes the parameters to meet his criteria, and if the Bible doesn't do that then nothing we say will change his mind. It's been fun, but I'm moving onto other things here on the boards. Noahnoah is simply not interested nor sincere in his approach whatsoever. It's become a waste of time to try and communicate with him.

I wish you the best in life Noahnoah.........maybe we can yammer about other subjects as I find the time to talk to you.

God is a man? even though He said He is not a man?

Angels have bodies of some sort, yet they are not the same as that of a man.

Rock, Living Waters, having wings, on and on and on.

No, God is not a man. Noahnoah's verse quote is sufficiant to prove that, for God cannot lie, and if He said He is not a man, you should not lie against God.

Basically what Noahnoah here is saying is he wants to see a 3 word sentence. God is (a) Man. Much like John 4:24 says "God is (a) Spirit:..." his denouncing of that comes in the prepositional phrase "of War".

Now anytime that the bible goes into visions, we must always realized that they are exactly that. Like when peter had the vision in acts about the un-kosher animals being let down from heaven and God telling him to eat them...It was a vision, and it stood for something else, that is, Preach unto the gentiles also, they are to recieve salvation as well.

So when John says I saw Jesus sitting at the right hand of God, that doesn't mean that we take that verse litterally, it was a vision. Same thing with God sitting on the throne, or having a face.

The bible says we were made in his image, that means we entail his image in a certain number of aspects: Moral, Spiritual, Mental, Relational, Physical. In all these ways we have a representation of God, but that doesn't mean that they are exact representations, and when it comes to the physical aspect we resemble God in that we have the ability to hear, just as God has the ability to hear our prayers, to speak, same as God does, to see, just as God does, We have senses such as taste smell, touch, that allow us to enjoy God's creation just as he enjoys his creation. It is also by way of our Body that we can encompass the Moral, Spiritual, etc. aspects.

an analogy:

I paint flowers, and I imagine a rose with Green petels and a read stem. I paint it that way, That rose was painted in my image, but is not what I look like.

It is puzzleing how LDS claim to believe the Bible and Joseph Smith. Josephs claim to see God the Father and Jesus Christ as two seperate physical beings of the flesh is the biggest clue in history as to the claims of any prophet to truth.

If you believe the Bible, how do you honestly, openly and faithfully believe the witness of God and Jesus Christ by His beloved disciple?:

John 1:18; "No one at any time has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son (Theos), who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him."

Micah 5:2

Isaiah 7:14/Matt 1:22,23

Col 2:9

Heb. 1

I Tim. 3:16

Phil. 2

Isaiah 40:3/John 1:23/Heb 2:14/I John 3:8/ Heb 3:14-17/ Isaiah 33:22/John 5:22/ James 4:12/ Acts 4:12

I John 4:10.

A good analogy is the sun. How do we know it is there? Its light that we see and feel, even though it takes 8 minutes to get here we see it and feel it because of its light that shines our way. Jesus is the light of God. We cannot experience the sun, for it would burn us up, but we can see its light reflected all around us, we can feel its warmth, we can even feed on the fruits of its work in nature through plants and animals, but we cannot endure the glory of its source. Jesus came to make the father known, but He had to empty Himself to be found in the likeness of a man that we could both know Him and He could fulfill His promises to us who believe in Him. Jesus was equally God incarnated in the flesh as He was God in heaven at the same time. Gods word is our light in life, and Jesus illuminates it for us by our faith in Him. John 3:13; "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." Jesus - God incarnate - was on earth and in heaven at the same time.

No man can make that claim and be true except the Messiah - the LORD Himself with us.

Why don't LDS believe all the witness of Jesus Christ?

It is puzzleing how LDS claim to believe the Bible and Joseph Smith. Josephs claim to see God the Father and Jesus Christ as two seperate physical beings of the flesh is the biggest clue in history as to the claims of any prophet to truth.

If you believe the Bible, how do you honestly, openly and faithfully believe the witness of God and Jesus Christ by His beloved disciple?:

John 1:18; "No one at any time has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son (Theos), who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him."

Micah 5:2

Isaiah 7:14/Matt 1:22,23

Col 2:9

Heb. 1

I Tim. 3:16

Phil. 2

Isaiah 40:3/John 1:23/Heb 2:14/I John 3:8/ Heb 3:14-17/ Isaiah 33:22/John 5:22/ James 4:12/ Acts 4:12

I John 4:10.

A good analogy is the sun. How do we know it is there? Its light that we see and feel, even though it takes 8 minutes to get here we see it and feel it because of its light that shines our way. Jesus is the light of God. We cannot experience the sun, for it would burn us up, but we can see its light reflected all around us, we can feel its warmth, we can even feed on the fruits of its work in nature through plants and animals, but we cannot endure the glory of its source. Jesus came to make the father known, but He had to empty Himself to be found in the likeness of a man that we could both know Him and He could fulfill His promises to us who believe in Him. Jesus was equally God incarnated in the flesh as He was God in heaven at the same time. Gods word is our light in life, and Jesus illuminates it for us by our faith in Him. John 3:13; "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." Jesus - God incarnate - was on earth and in heaven at the same time.

No man can make that claim and be true except the Messiah - the LORD Himself with us.

Why don't LDS believe all the witness of Jesus Christ?

It might also be noted that when Moses (the one whom God intrusted the 10 commandments to be delivered to his people and held onto for all their time) himself looked on the BACK of God his hair immediately went white, and about 1 or 2 more seconds of this and Moses would have died.

Yet Joseph Smith could look upon his face?

== God reveals himself over time ...

Begging the question. But I guess this means the Jews never taught the Trinity then? Thought so.

For anyone interested, I think I've pretty much beaten this argument into the ground in an exhaustive (over 200 pages printed) point by point rebuttal to the book, "Mormon Defenders" by JP Holding. I notice Bockmeuhl was mentioned in this forum. Good source, and I use him quite a bit in exegeting Phil 2:6. However it should be noted that Bockmuehl did not believe this taught God was a man in physical form.

We need to clarify what we mean when we say God is a man. All the Bible tells us is that he looks like a man in that he has anthropomorphic form. Clearly we have different natures, even though we believe we are of the same species.

http://www.kevingraham.net/jp1.htm

Kevin Graham  writes,

For anyone interested, I think I've pretty much beaten this argument into the ground in an exhaustive (over 200 pages printed) point by point rebuttal to the book, "Mormon Defenders" by JP Holding.

I have read your rebuttal and I would not call it exhaustive.

All the Bible tells us is that he looks like a man in that he has anthropomorphic form. 

Clearly the Bible does not reveal that our Heavenly Father looks like a man in that he has anthropomorphic form.

Archived