Seriously No Politics ×

'Homophobic' And 'Dangerous'.

Somebodyz

http://www.dailymail...gay-couple.html

Seems living up to the standards/morals you believe in, is wrong.

A Church owned tv station has a standard they want to keep. Seems fair to me, it isn't as if the station is forcing it's views on others. I don't think these groups do themselves any favours, when they try and force their life style on everyone, while yelling bigot and worse.

"President Herndon Grad**** said in a statement........We invite Jeff Simpson to sit down with GLAAD and local LGBT families. We know that if he would, he would see that not only are our families normal, but by citing 'crude and rude' content and refusing to affirm LGBT families, KSL and Mr. Simpson are sending a dangerous message to Utah. They should make that right.'"

"Ellen Barkin, who plays the surrogate's homophobic mother, attacked the decision on her Twitter page, calling on her followers to complain to the channel.

'Anyone in Utah interested in @NBCTheNewNormal please clog up @ksl5tv feed 4 their blatantly homophic [sic] decision 2 not air the show #KSLBigots,' she wrote.

The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) also launched an attack on the station, calling its decision 'ant-gay and outdated'.!"

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate. Rick Warren"

Too many in the LGTB community have fallen for these lies.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate. Rick Warren"

Too many in the LGTB community have fallen for these lies.

Find me someone who hasn't.

Once again we see that dissent- not persecution- is the crime that LGBT radicals wish to stamp out.

This is complaining about lost money not part of some grand conspiracy. The buzzwords are designed to shame someone into buying a product...... Like when a Republican salesman called me a traitor for not supporting the War in Iraq because i did not want a prowar bumper sticker.

This is complaining about lost money not part of some grand conspiracy. The buzzwords are designed to shame someone into buying a product...... Like when a Republican salesman called me a traitor for not supporting the War in Iraq because i did not want a prowar bumper sticker.

Now who doesn't love a good "I Heart Nation Building" bumper sticker?

I wanted to get a "i support the war but not the troops" bumper sticker but could not find anyone that sold one.

You are sick, twisted and evil. I like that in a poster.

The Nehor:

I'd ask him why he personally wasn't in Iraq being patriotic.

What’s next? Denouncing KSL for broadcasting the General Conference of a church that opposes gay marriage?

BTW, it appears that KSL‘s audience will have the option to watch the show on another station.

Denunciations should be seen as what they are. Useless. Do not dignify them by pretending they are worth anything or people will imagine that they are worth something.

What’s next? Denouncing KSL for broadcasting the General Conference of a church that opposes gay marriage?

BTW, it appears that KSL‘s audience will have the option to watch the show on another station.

I was wondering about that (if it would be blocked, altogether). My first question was, why not just allow the audience to decide whether or not they want to watch it? They can just turn the channel.

Well, I kind of agree with that. It certainly peaked my curiosity...and I knew nothing about it, before this thread.

It's certainly not censorship as it does not prevent anyone from seeking out this kind of "entertainment". It's not a removal of anyone's agency and in fact if KSL were forced to broadcast it, it would signify the removal of the agency of those who run the company.

I am the CEO of a small company. Should I be forced to offer goods and services that I disagree with? Of course not. What if I produced bumper stickers? If I was against Prop 8 should I be forced to produce and sell bumper stickers whose message is pro Prop 8? Could I be convinced that it would be more profitable to sell that which I disagree with? Of course. But it's still mine to determine if I will do that.

It's certainly not censorship as it does not prevent anyone from seeking out this kind of "entertainment". It's not a removal of anyone's agency and in fact if KSL were forced to broadcast it, it would signify the removal of the agency of those who run the company.

I am the CEO of a small company. Should I be forced to offer goods and services that I disagree with? Of course not. What if I produced bumper stickers? If I was against Prop 8 should I be forced to produce and sell bumper stickers whose message is pro Prop 8? Could I be convinced that it would be more profitable to sell that which I disagree with? Of course. But it's still mine to determine if I will do that.

You should make the "I support the war but not the troops" sticker no matter what.

Libs

What? When making a controversial statement gets so much more publicity. ALL KSL accomplished was make the show more enticing. They have every right to do so, but... .

Insightful, as always. ;)

Was KSL within it's right? Of course. Was it wise...?

Every time an item like this about gays, gay marriage, etc. comes up in the news here in Utah as my kids and I are watching, I always marvel that for all the noise about "children being indoctrinated about the gay agenda," it sure seems like those that aggressively oppose gay rights seem to bring a lot of attention to the issue and kids are exposed even more.

It does seem like an impossible double-bind for anyone hoping to oppose growing acceptence of gay and lesbian relationships--a) do nothing, and gay relationships receive attention and become mainstream; or b) actively oppose--and gay and lesbian reliationships receive even more attention and still become more mainstream.

I'm reminded of Karl Jung's famous line: "That which we resist, persists." (Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't ever stop working to promote the values we want to support---I'm not necessarily condemning anyone for doing so, because the same claim could be made, in reverse, to those promoting LGBT equality--just noting it as an interesting double-bind).

Daniel2

... it sure seems like those that aggressively oppose gay rights seem to bring a lot of attention to the issue and kids are exposed even more.

Gotta love the calling evil "good, and "good", evil nature of the post.

Of course, Daniel2 never truly fails in that regard.

KSL quietly made a programming decision- one of many thousands made each year.

The controversy was not ginned up by those "aggressively opposing" homosexuality- but by homosexuality's more rabid adherents and fellow travellers.

It does seem like an impossible double-bind for anyone hoping to oppose growing acceptence of gay and lesbian relationships--a) do nothing, and gay relationships receive attention and become mainstream; or b) actively oppose--and gay and lesbian reliationships receive even more attention and still become more mainstream.
Like most of Marx's pronouncements this assumes a historical process moving inexorably towards a predestined result.

The facts, unfortunately, do not support such an optimistic future for LGBT advocates.

Like Joseph McCarthy, the LGBT activists believe in the sacred purity of their cause- but also like Joseph McCarthy, the zealous excesses in their conduct have the real-world effect of alienating the very people they are trying to convince.

This entire kerfuffle is simply the Chick-Fil-A controversy writ somewhat smaller: a manufactured crisis being used by radical LGBT agitators to either bully a private entitly into drinking the Kool-Aid or reinforce the myth of "persecution".

The "intolerance" lies not in KSL and its customers, but in the hearts and minds of LGBT activists who conflate contradiction with persecution.

Archived