Seriously No Politics ×

New Truck And A New Puppy

I bought myself my first new vehicle in almost 20 years* this past week. It's a white Nissan Xterra Pro-4X off-roading machine, but with all the nice options (leather seats, deluxe Rockford-Fosgate stereo, Sirius satellite radio, etc.):

Xterra01.jpg

I also mentioned a few weeks ago that I got a new dog. A "RatCha" -- 1/4 Rat Terrier / 3/4 Chihuahua. He is the smartest little dog I have ever known! Intelligent, very sociable, very loving. Anyway, I'm crazy about both the dog and my new Xterra. In fact, I'm going to grab the dog (named "Spot"), throw him in the Xterra, and head out to the Parowan Gap right now and play some guitar under the shade of a cedar tree:

Xterra02.jpg

* = I've had a standard policy of always buying my wife new cars. She always gets the BEST! We bought her a new Xterra in 2009, and we've liked it so much, we decided to get another one to replace my 1996 Nissan pickup, which can be seen in the background of the photo. My '96 Nissan pickup has 285,000 miles on it, and is still running great. I'm giving it to my younger brother, and hope he'll be able to squeeze another 25,000 - 50,000 miles out of it. I'm a big fan of the little Nissan trucks. I had another one before this '96 that I put 250,000 miles on before giving it to my daughter. Half a million miles on two Nissan trucks!

I tend to approve of a new car and puppy. In fact, what a great picture William Schryver! I hope you enjoyed your new wheels, your puppy, and the beautiful day. God is good.

3DOP